• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Petition to Parliament, to stop Loan Charge, Please sign!!!"

Collapse

• Dundeegalaxy
    replied
    Originally posted by KNC View Post
    I understand there are circa 60,000 contractors affected by this charge. Is there any way we can get the message out there? If we all signed just once, we would hit the 10,000 minimum easily. However is we were all to sign and get just one other person to support our plight, we would achieve the required 100,000 easily. I've so far recruited 15 petitioners.
    If anyone has any ideas on how to attempt to raise awareness re the petition with the 60,000 + affected contractors, let me know and I will be happy to help implement this.

1000+ so far but a lot of work to go

Leave a comment:

• webberg
    replied
    Originally posted by JackH1 View Post
    Its likely if we are given settlements in Dec there will be a period to sign and hand over the money which could be Feb-March time. Once Hmrc have received the money very unlikely the money will be returned. However, this could impact on TTP however, I'm not 100% sure. Dec is also the time this petition would be scheduled in parliament if successful.
    Once you've settle, that's it.

A victory in Tribunal later which decides no tax was due, is too late and no refund, no adjustment to TTP, no limit on interest.

Leave a comment:

• KNC
    replied
    Petition Signatures - Help Needed

Dear All,

Please sign this petition to parliament. We need 100,000 signatures for a debate in parliament and its only reached less than 800 so far. Also, pass it on!!! https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/218582
    I understand there are circa 60,000 contractors affected by this charge. Is there any way we can get the message out there? If we all signed just once, we would hit the 10,000 minimum easily. However is we were all to sign and get just one other person to support our plight, we would achieve the required 100,000 easily. I've so far recruited 15 petitioners.

Leave a comment:

• JackH1
    replied
    Originally posted by BankingContract0r View Post
    I know it's a long road however if this charge was somehow over turned, would there be any recourse for those who have settled?
    Its likely if we are given settlements in Dec there will be a period to sign and hand over the money which could be Feb-March time. Once Hmrc have received the money very unlikely the money will be returned. However, this could impact on TTP however, I'm not 100% sure. Dec is also the time this petition would be scheduled in parliament if successful.

Leave a comment:

• BankingContract0r
    replied
    Dear All,

Please sign this petition to parliament. We need 100,000 signatures for a debate in parliament and its only reached less than 800 so far. Also, pass it on!!! https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/218582
    I know it's a long road however if this charge was somehow over turned, would there be any recourse for those who have settled?
    Last edited by BankingContract0r; 26 May 2018, 11:08.

Leave a comment:

• bandemelbs
    replied
    Originally posted by EBTContractor View Post
    Not returning to the sh!thole
    Same

Leave a comment:

• EBTContractor
    replied
    Shame, next time you're in the U.K.!
    Not returning to the sh!thole

Leave a comment:

• JackH1
    replied
    Originally posted by EBTContractor View Post
    Can't sign as not in the UK
    Shame, next time you're in the U.K.!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...pectively.html

https://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc...ocorre-22.html

Leave a comment:

• EBTContractor
    replied
    Can't sign as not in the UK

Leave a comment:

• Petition to Parliament, to stop Loan Charge, Please sign!!!

Dear All,

Working...
X