• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: A glimmer of hope?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A glimmer of hope?"

Collapse

• Lurker99
    replied
    Originally posted by Volks View Post
    My mp hasn’t even bothered to reply to the several emails I have sent.

Margot James, Stourbridge area.
    Mine didn't reply either, no indication of surgery on website, but will chase. Will organise face to face.

Leave a comment:

• Volks
    replied
    My mp hasn’t even bothered to reply to the several emails I have sent.

Margot James, Stourbridge area.

Leave a comment:

• Calmbeforethestorm
    replied
    Yes its a very good letter.

I think it will take a bit more though.... anyone fancy chaining themselves to the railings at Houses of Parliament?? hunger strike??

Leave a comment:

• DeadDOTAS
    replied
    LCAG is also ramping up the heat on JonBonThompo and MellyBoy Stride:
    https://www.contractoruk.com/news/00..._thompson.html

In case you haven't seen it yet....

Leave a comment:

• Calmbeforethestorm
    replied
    My MP is Mark Spencer, conservative for Sherwood.He wrote and texted Mel Stride but still got the same reply as others.

He is going to write once more ( in fact forward my letters ) so we will see.

he is a whip so can't ask questions at PMQ's but he can and may ask someone else to.

Apparently he never signs edms.... they are rarely debated if ever which is why a lot wont sign as it just wastes public money....costs a few hundred quid each day to update the stats.

click on some of the names that have signed it...looks like they are just serial moaners who sign everything.

Ministers are not allowed to sign so you wont get any joy from them.

Best bet is for those in NI to badger the DUP members who have signed... they do have significant power as the 6 of them are enough to bring the government down if so minded.

Leave a comment:

• Dharmin
    replied
    Originally posted by Calmbeforethestorm View Post
    You actually need to get your MP to write to the Treasury minister in charge of the HMRC, EDMs are a waste of time.If we can get 350 mps to write the same letter they have to listen.

I guess if the MP's don't sign the EDM s/he knows will not get your vote so it forces him/her to sign the EDM, as you can check if s/he has signed or not but when comes to writing to Treasury dono how helpful the MP's will be..

Leave a comment:

• Slade
    replied
    Email all MPs

I see people have started email their MPs which is great but I think we need to start emailing ALL MPs.

Leave a comment:

• Calmbeforethestorm
    replied
    Do more than this

Originally posted by bhand5 View Post
    Liberal Democrat MP Stephen Lloyd has tabled a motion calling on Government to amend the 5.4.19 loan charge “to apply only to disguised remuneration loans entered into after the Finance Act 2017 received Royal Assent”. The motion can be found here.

https://www.parliament.uk/edm/2017-19/1239

If it is to gain any traction it will need support from other Members of Parliament. You should therefore lobby your local MP and ask them to support the motion
    You actually need to get your MP to write to the Treasury minister in charge of the HMRC, EDMs are a waste of time.If we can get 350 mps to write the same letter they have to listen.

Leave a comment:

• AVFC
    replied
    How many MP's will it take to amend the act

Originally posted by bhand5 View Post
    Liberal Democrat MP Stephen Lloyd has tabled a motion calling on Government to amend the 5.4.19 loan charge “to apply only to disguised remuneration loans entered into after the Finance Act 2017 received Royal Assent”. The motion can be found here.

https://www.parliament.uk/edm/2017-19/1239

If it is to gain any traction it will need support from other Members of Parliament. You should therefore lobby your local MP and ask them to support the motion
    Any idea what the number of MP's required and how long it would take to make retrospective changes to the bill?

Leave a comment:

• QCApproved
    replied
    Every constituent and consequently each MP that understands the issue counts
    you can and are making a difference

Leave a comment:

• RickG
    replied
    Another who has emailed their MP.

Leave a comment:

• jsd
    replied
    thanks

Thanks have just emailed my MP about Early day motion 1239 asking for support

Leave a comment:

• QCApproved
    replied
    All,
    That article should be read by your MP as they are the target audience of that periodocal
    If you support this kind of outcome then you can liaise with the Loan Charge Action Group and help fund the further fight and support the EDM by engaging with your MP.

They are out there landing punches and taking the true facts behind this HMRC omnishambles to parliament unfiltered. If you would like to take back control of the agenda from some civil servant on a fat final salary pension trying to cover up their past failings then they are an excellent home for your time and cash.
    LCAG - By those affected for those affected

Leave a comment:

• jrock
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    I wonder if this was a post for the public, or if other MPs are actually going to read this and respond.
    Great article, I also wonder how this can be more publicised so that it’s accessible more MPs.

I applause MP Stephen Lloyd for speaking sense. Just wish this government could be on the same level.

I know 20 other MPs have signed the EDM and hope this list grows.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by MayMadness View Post
    In case people are not reading the other thread where I posted this.

Here is a recent update
    https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk...overnment-must

There is about 3 different areas on this site where people are urging people to take action. If anyone is finding this daunting the LCAG has templates available. If anyone wants help...just ask.
    I wonder if this was a post for the public, or if other MPs are actually going to read this and respond.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X