• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Twitter Campaign against 2019 Charge"

Collapse

• NoBigFish
    replied
    Things are picking up on Twitter following the high profile reports on the BBC presenter who was hit with a massive tax bill. The DJ Liz Kershaw has been retweeting some of the tweets about the 2019 Charge so if you have time and the inclination please jump on twitter to see if we can make some noise and get people to take notice. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• ric_77
    replied
    keen to lend some support to your Twitter campaign.

Just followed a few of you.

Leave a comment:

• NoBigFish
    replied
    Originally posted by SummerhillLass View Post
    I am @helenelizstone - will look out for you. I have learned a lot both from these forums and from twitter - I do believe we need a co-ordinated approach and would support getting that under way - happy to organise or help organise it. I am new to twitter but am now following a huge number of MPs
    Hi I am already following you on Twitter, have DM'd you on there and will get the copy of that scheme documentation over to you at the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• SummerhillLass
    replied
    Originally posted by NoBigFish View Post
    That's great I am on there under @nobigfish if you let me know what you are on there as I will follow you if not doing so already.
    I am @helenelizstone - will look out for you. I have learned a lot both from these forums and from twitter - I do believe we need a co-ordinated approach and would support getting that under way - happy to organise or help organise it. I am new to twitter but am now following a huge number of MPs

Leave a comment:

• NoBigFish
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I think perhaps you might read this thread https://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc...ehaviours.html and the comments about raising awareness.
    Thanks for that, I hadn't fully looked around all the threads on the forum.

Leave a comment:

• NoBigFish
    replied
    Originally posted by SummerhillLass View Post
    I am doing the same, just trying to get the message out there into the mainstream - lots of activity and feels quite energised. People need to take notice now - not just the IT industry anymore!
    That's great I am on there under @nobigfish if you let me know what you are on there as I will follow you if not doing so already.

Leave a comment:

• NoBigFish
    replied
    Originally posted by webberg View Post
    Big Group has an active number of twitter users who are engaged in a campaign. Look out for their material and join in.
    Hi thanks I am part of the Big Group but we need more people on Twitter, I never thought I would end up on Twitter but it has been quite good. There is a lot of info that you can pick up from other peopel in the same situation as well as giving the MPs etc grief.

Leave a comment:

• NoBigFish
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Thunderclap might be a way to do this, if you're so inclined and can get enough people to sign up to it.

Thanks I haven't seen Thunderclap but will take a look.

Leave a comment:

• NoBigFish
    replied
    Originally posted by Manic View Post
    I'm not a huge twitter use, nor am I affected by the BN66 legislation, however I'm happy to follow and retweet relevant messages. PM the details.
    Hi if you look out for the #2019charge on Twitter you will soon see all the people who are trying to get the message out there. The more people who ge involved the more likely it will be to get someone to take notice.

Leave a comment:

• LandRover
    replied
    Originally posted by Loan Ranger View Post
    Yes, I've seen estimates that it's closer to 100,000 potentially affected by LC19.
    And Mel Stride states that there will not be any impact to family life for these people.

Unfortunately individuals are being hounded by HMRC and yet the likes of Google, Amazon and even Banks that used EBT schemes get preferential treatment.

The fallout from all this will be catastrophic come 2020. It's not an exaggeration to state individuals with power and influence will indeed have blood on their hands.

Leave a comment:

• Loan Ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by phil@dswtres View Post
    I’d be v surprised if it’s only 40k. I’d have estimated double that.
    Yes, I've seen estimates that it's closer to 100,000 potentially affected by LC19.

Leave a comment:

• Manic
    replied
    I'm not a huge twitter use, nor am I affected by the BN66 legislation, however I'm happy to follow and retweet relevant messages. PM the details.

Leave a comment:

• phil@pmtc
    replied
    Hi, I am new to this forum and am one of the thousands impacted by the 2019 Charge. As I am facing bankruptcy I am trying to take any action to fight against this and try and get someone to sit up and take notice. I am sure that anyone who has been to see their MP know how difficult it is to get anyone to listen. I started posting on Twitter a few months ago and there are a handful of other contractors on there trying to generate some interest in our plight. I always avoided Twitter before but actually it has been quite therapeutic being able to direct posts at Mel Stride, HMRC etc.

Apparently according to government figures there are 40,000 contractors affected by this retrospective legislation. I just wondered if there are any others out there who would like to jump on Twitter to see if we can get the numbers up so we can raise the profile of our situation.
    I’d be v surprised if it’s only 40k. I’d have estimated double that.

Leave a comment:

• SummerhillLass
    replied
    Hi, I am new to this forum and am one of the thousands impacted by the 2019 Charge. As I am facing bankruptcy I am trying to take any action to fight against this and try and get someone to sit up and take notice. I am sure that anyone who has been to see their MP know how difficult it is to get anyone to listen. I started posting on Twitter a few months ago and there are a handful of other contractors on there trying to generate some interest in our plight. I always avoided Twitter before but actually it has been quite therapeutic being able to direct posts at Mel Stride, HMRC etc.

Apparently according to government figures there are 40,000 contractors affected by this retrospective legislation. I just wondered if there are any others out there who would like to jump on Twitter to see if we can get the numbers up so we can raise the profile of our situation.

I am doing the same, just trying to get the message out there into the mainstream - lots of activity and feels quite energised. People need to take notice now - not just the IT industry anymore!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Thunderclap might be a way to do this, if you're so inclined and can get enough people to sign up to it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X