• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The hooky movie download thread"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Awright I do buy them eventually so nobody loses out but the quality varies.
    So why put up with a (potentially) shoddy copy to start with? Or do you mean stuff that isn't released for purchase yet?

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
    Robocop... no violence, no swearing, about one mans struggle to come to terms with his disability and how he's torn between his job and his family.
    Should have been called "RoboDad"

Its not robocop if there is no mindless violence. I ain't buying that for a dollar then. I'll nick it off a torrent!

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    How does robocop fare against the original. I liked the humour in the original.
    Well .. the original was a classic and the new one is bollocks.

Leave a comment:

• CloudWalker
    replied
    Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    Robocop... no violence, no swearing, about one mans struggle to come to terms with his disability and how he's torn between his job and his family.
    Should have been called "RoboDad"

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    The previous weekend I watched Pompeii (2014) and RoboCop (2014)

I had been looking forward to Pompeii, and wasn't very optimistic about RoboCop. But in the end RoboCop turned out to be excellent, and Pompeii was a big disappointment, with a corny weak plot and ludicrously inaccurate and overblown (literally) special effects. If only they had simply filmed the Robert Harris novel!

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    This one too;

Kick Ass

And I'm not a paedo.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Watched a gem at the weekend Non-Stop (2014)
    +1

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Now that I've got past the torrent blockers I'm able to download a BlueRay rip in about twenty minutes so been grabbing lots of movies.

Awright I do buy them eventually so nobody loses out but the quality varies.

Django Unchained - good Tarantino fun
    Edge of Tomorrow - tulip
    Cloud Atlas - Brill
    Filth - the best
    Gravity - should have watched it in 3d but brill

Many more, but feck Sky, BT and torrent blocking
    I quite liked Edge of Tommorrow, and if you don't like Tom Cruise in those sort of films, at least you see him repeatedly shot in the head

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Have you seen 'Rush'? - it's like someone actually took the time to write a proper story before getting the cameras out. Recommended.
    tulipe chick flick that glosses over the actual story and feck all racing

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    The previous weekend I watched Pompeii (2014) and RoboCop (2014)

I had been looking forward to Pompeii, and wasn't very optimistic about RoboCop. But in the end RoboCop turned out to be excellent, and Pompeii was a big disappointment, with a corny weak plot and ludicrously inaccurate and overblown (literally) special effects. If only they had simply filmed the Robert Harris novel!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Watched a gem at the weekend Non-Stop (2014)

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    I agree about Green Lantern but I liked The Dark Knight Rises. Preferred The Dark Knight, but it was still good.
    Horses for courses (haven't seen Dark Knight though). I think the rot set in after Michael Keaton meself

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Of the ones you've seen we really enjoyed

- Rush (even if it was part fiction)
    - Gravity (light on plot but oh the effects. Superb work)
    - Cloud Atlas (my favourite. Tom Hanks not playing Tom Hanks, for a change)

Also Men in Black 3 and, erm, Toy Story 3. Up is a lovely film too.

Edit: we watched Green Lantern and Batman The Dark Knight Rises. Utter tulip
    I agree about Green Lantern but I liked The Dark Knight Rises. Preferred The Dark Knight, but it was still good.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Of the ones you've seen we really enjoyed

- Rush (even if it was part fiction)
    - Gravity (light on plot but oh the effects. Superb work)
    - Cloud Atlas (my favourite. Tom Hanks not playing Tom Hanks, for a change)

Also Men in Black 3 and, erm, Toy Story 3. Up is a lovely film too.

Edit: we watched Green Lantern and Batman The Dark Knight Rises. Utter shit:
    Last edited by Zippy; 23 June 2014, 11:25.

Leave a comment:

• rapid
    replied
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before - In case you have problems with torrents etc try time4popcorn

Probably the best app I've used in a long time, comes with built in VPN and streams movies from torrents

Leave a comment:

Working...
X