• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "England V's Uruguay"

Collapse

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    They think it's all over
    It is now

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    They think it's all over

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Oh well.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
    I knew I should have put a bet on
    I'm going to spend my winnings on a big turnip, or that a swede?

Leave a comment:

• CloudWalker
    replied
    Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
    2-1 This
    I knew I should have put a bet on
    Last edited by CloudWalker; 20 June 2014, 11:37.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I thought England played rather well.
    Yes, with that well known defensive strategy.

Last edited by scooterscot; 20 June 2014, 09:33.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I would like to make the point that that was worse than Scotland's worst world cup group, we always made it to the 3rd game before getting put out.
    That's massive that is. Scotland still manages to best England whilst not being in the world cup

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Since England are still not knocked out - and don't have to win 15-0 to progress - you have another week to put up with.
    England have been unlucky so far, Uruguay should have had a man sent off and the second goal was a against the run of play. After Rooney scored England were looking like they could win it. I think Hodgson is a good manager and has set the team up well. I just wonder if he had brought some more experienced defenders (Terry, Cole) they would have not lost sloppy goals.

All down to Italy now.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    In about 40 seconds I'll be a happy man. No more world cup bulltulip!
    Since England are still not knocked out - and don't have to win 15-0 to progress - you have another week to put up with.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Well, my bet on Costa Rica beating England looks like a no brainer now

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    the trouble with football is that it can bewon or lost in the blink of a moment rather than as a result of sustained pressure and momentum which is how rugby works.I thought England played rather well.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Hope England lose their last game. Then fans might realize they can have the best league in the world or the best national side. One foreigner per league team(not as in eligible to play for England, but committed to playing for England.

And that these so called "stars" will be paid according to their England performance. They only care about the money - they need to be reminded of national pride.

Leave a comment:

• ZARDOZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
    I don't see why the pundits say we need a miracle.

On paper, Italy are dead certs to win those 2 games. They just have to put a couple more past Uruguay than they did us.

And we, of course, have to best Costa Rica - again, on paper, the whipping boys of the group.

My only fear is that Italy, having beaten Costa Rica, will take their foot off the gas for the Uruguay game having already won the group.
    First they have to rely on Italy to make sure of the chance of a 3 way fight AND England have to beat Costa Rica AND have the best goal difference, so they will likely need to win well.

Costa Rica beat Uruguay 3-1. So no cert that England will win that match.

Can't see all the stars aligning for England to go through.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Been saying for months on here that they would not get through the group. Ridiculed I was.

I would like to make the point that that was worse than Scotland's worst world cup group, we always made it to the 3rd game before getting put out.

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    no
    I don't see why the pundits say we need a miracle.

On paper, Italy are dead certs to win those 2 games. They just have to put a couple more past Uruguay than they did us.

And we, of course, have to best Costa Rica - again, on paper, the whipping boys of the group.

My only fear is that Italy, having beaten Costa Rica, will take their foot off the gas for the Uruguay game having already won the group.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X