• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "innocent super smoothies at the wharf"

Collapse

• TestMangler
    replied
    A penguin takes his car to the garage as it's over heating. Mechanic tells him to come back in an hour.

Being a hot day, the penguin gets a bit uncomfortable and buys a massive tub of ice cream to cool down.

When he arrives back at the garage, face covered in ice cream, the mechanic looks at him and says "Looks like you've blown a seal".

The penguin replies "No ! It's ice cream, honest"

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
    A baby seal goes into a bar and asks for a Canadian Club on the rocks....

(It was topical in the 80s)
    Walrus walks into a tupperware shop.

Shop assistant: What are you looking for dear?

Walrus: A nice tight seal.

Leave a comment:

• Bacchus
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Good to see that articulated debate is still alive on cuk.
    Just for the record, and in no way to detract from the contribution that phrases like "contrary knickers" add to the cut and thrust of intellectual sparring, articulate and articulated mean very different things...

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by v8gaz View Post

Boom Boom.

Leave a comment:

• v8gaz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Not nice when you get stood up, is it?
    Especially if you happen to be Stephen Hawking

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    BTW. Where's your man??!!! Fooking stood me up in a pub last month (or maybe it was the month before that?) Actually may have been March or April I've lost track of time!!!! Bloody lightweight.
    Not nice when you get stood up, is it?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    BTW. Where's your man??!!! Fooking stood me up in a pub last month (or maybe it was the month before that?) Actually may have been March or April I've lost track of time!!!! Bloody lightweight.
    Probably not a good idea to have suggested the Bridgwater arms.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    He's still down your way.... I'm sure he lurks here every now and again. I'll mention it to him and ye can rearrange your date night.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Janey Mac - I've honest to God never seen it in any supermarket here - maybe it's just down south.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I do try

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    If you're mixing it with ginger ale it surely matters little

What's it like - most similar to bourbon, Irish, or scotch? Whisk[e]y and ginger is my favourite mixed drink but only with cheap stuff... Tesco value brand all the way.
    Well, I never liked the smell of Irish stuff or scotch so I can't really say how it compares. Not helpful I know. But it doesn't smell too funky and it tastes good and I don't get a hangover so it's a winner

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Oh piss off, contrary knickers.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    That stuff is my fave I have it with ginger ale... it's delish. Really bloody difficult to come by in this country though.
    If you're mixing it with ginger ale it surely matters little

What's it like - most similar to bourbon, Irish, or scotch? Whisk[e]y and ginger is my favourite mixed drink but only with cheap stuff... Tesco value brand all the way.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    How awful for you. We'll see if the Red Cross can organise a relief convoy or something.
    Oh piss off, contrary knickers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X