• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Weekend thread

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weekend thread"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Still considering changing tyres - currently on quite chunky ones, considering a swap to something a bit quicker and puncture proof, so that might be a job for Saturday afternoon.
    Who needs Dallas? There is puncture repair expert already in the team.....

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    TFA!

Nowt much planned apart from the Big green egg members day on Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    I have just managed to get an appointment tomorrow for cardiac screening (sudden death syndrome) after a year waiting, sudden death syndrome screening anyone...:
    testmyheart

If its bad news I'll have to get into some hardcore crochet

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Seeing Cirque Du Soleil on sat, then home for the footy.

Was thinking of jetting over but I don't have a jet.

Leave a comment:

• I just need to test it
    replied
    How kind of you to ask.

My plan was to visit Ma on Saturday then do something nice and outdoorsy on Sunday but given the weather forecast Ma may get bumped 24 hours.

That'll mean on Saturday either a bike ride or further futile attempts to surf.

Also I've a provisional booking on a holiday that lapses on Sunday. Hence I've a little over 24 hours to convince wifey that cycling in the Netherlands/Belgium is a great idea to spend a week this summer.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Cheers, currently on a train (1st class natch) to Hamburg to funk my way through the Reeperbahn (although I might do some other cultural activities as well). Scouse at the Old Commercial Rooms this evening...

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post

You?
    Not much apart from Sunday's bicycle jaunt.

Will probably parkrun tomorrow, but give BMF a miss. Might take the opportunity for a bit of parkrun tourism - Alice Holt has some nice hills to run up and down

Still considering changing tyres - currently on quite chunky ones, considering a swap to something a bit quicker and puncture proof, so that might be a job for Saturday afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Ta for asking,
    Child free weekend, so the pub will be visited and I have a little technical reading to do.
    Other than that, the usual drinking coffee and pondering.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Sat - Migration I & II 06:30 - 23:00
    Sun - Migration 3 07:30 - 24:00

All run from home office so easy money

I'm going to need a bigger wheelbarrow to carry all the loot home in

Make hay while the sun shines
    'fill yer boots'
    etc etc

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Miss Mac's birthday today, and she is having a party tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Thanks for asking MS and good lick to yourself and team in L2B

New outdoor oven/bbq arrives today and so this evening I will be sat in the garden staring adoringly at it & drinking margaritas
    Sat: Mrs P is doing some 22 mile trail race and so I will be supporting and running errands. Then pizzas in the garden.
    Sun: Fathers day so I will be taking the old fella to the pub for lunch with my bro + sis.
    Mon-Fri: Working in pants!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Dallas View Post
    Good luck on the bike ride!! If brillo punctures, charge him a day rate to fix it - that was my plan anyway
    So a whole £10. feck off.

Its a cr@p bike, dump it and make him run, he has bionic knees anyway so its practically cheating, plus he wants to do the ultras so you'd be doing him a favour!
    This forum is not for the truth.

On Saturday I have a swimming lesson. Then taking twins out for dinner.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Thanks for asking!

Continue with Focus T25 tonight and pad out my helmet (not a euphemism, I need to put more padding in my salet) for a big battle coming up. It is a 1471 one so lots and lots of armour to survive the second rank without a trip to A&E.

Tomorrow:
    Take kids to a school fete, chill in the evening with Mrs MUN.

Sunday:
    Church to babysit and day dream through the service. May take takes to a play park or something in the afternoon, might invite relatives to join us too and have a picnic or something.

You?

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    And if his bike punctures?
    Its a cr@p bike, dump it and make him run, he has bionic knees anyway so its practically cheating, plus he wants to do the ultras so you'd be doing him a favour!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Good luck on the bike ride!! If brillo punctures, charge him a day rate to fix it - that was my plan anyway
    And if his bike punctures?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X