• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tablet noob questions"

Collapse

• CloudWalker
    replied
    iPad Air + jailbreak = WIN!

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    What HiFi best tablets to buy in 2014: Best tablets to buy in 2014 | whathifi.com

1. Nexus 7
    2. iPad Air
    3. Nexus 10
    Ah, that's the one

I'd excluded the Nexus 7 as the query was about 10 inch options.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Both models of the Nexus 10 are showing as out of stock at the moment, which is often an indicator that they are ramping up to a new product.

Rumours of a Nexus 8 abound.
    Yeah I remember when they started offloading the Nexus 4 in preparation for the Nexus 5's arrival, I'd be well happy if they do release a new Nexus 10 but if it is a Nexus 8 it's something I'd also consider. My original Nexus 7 has served me well but I want something new

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    I just googled Xperia Z2 and the whole first page was all about phones
    Yep my bad, I should have stated that I was on about the tablet version.

Mind it is pretty confusing giving them the same name.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    Yep you're right, I was waiting till they introduced the Nexus 10 (Mark 2) before buying a 10" tablet but it didn't materialise, still I believe Google I/O is this month so I'll wait to see what they unveil hardware wise but I'm not holding out a lot of hope.
    Both models of the Nexus 10 are showing as out of stock at the moment, which is often an indicator that they are ramping up to a new product.

Rumours of a Nexus 8 abound.

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Very happy with my Nexus 7 for pocketability and functionality. However, too lazy to do my own research on

- Best way to get my (Windows) iTunes content (tracks, playlists & podcasts) onto the tablet and best app to play it?

- As above for movies/TV (in a ridiculous number of different formats)

- General 'dummies' guide to android, preferably as a free ebook?
    Last edited by pjclarke; 10 June 2014, 08:27.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Sorry that would be the Xperia Z2 tablet
    I just googled Xperia Z2 and the whole first page was all about phones

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    I was researching this for family the other day. The iPad wins out overall, but the Nexus 10 was top of the android or windows offerings on the what hifi site. Can't find the exact page I was looking at, but they had the various options ranked as 1. iPad 2. Nexus 10 3. everything else. You might be able to find the list with a bit more patience than I've got....
    What HiFi best tablets to buy in 2014: Best tablets to buy in 2014 | whathifi.com

1. Nexus 7
    2. iPad Air
    3. Nexus 10

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    If they don't bring out a new tablet, you'll get a phone instead?
    Sorry that would be the Xperia Z2 tablet

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Yep you're right, I was waiting till they introduced the Nexus 10 (Mark 2) before buying a 10" tablet but it didn't materialise, still I believe Google I/O is this month so I'll wait to see what they unveil hardware wise but I'm not holding out a lot of hope.

I might buy the Xperia Z2 if nothing is announced.
    If they don't bring out a new tablet, you'll get a phone instead?

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by RetSet View Post
    Am I getting this right? Nexus 10 was released in 2012 and hasn't been updated since?

I might buy the Xperia Z2 if nothing is announced.

Leave a comment:

• RetSet
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    I was researching this for family the other day. The iPad wins out overall, but the Nexus 10 was top of the android or windows offerings on the what hifi site. Can't find the exact page I was looking at, but they had the various options ranked as 1. iPad 2. Nexus 10 3. everything else. You might be able to find the list with a bit more patience than I've got....
    Am I getting this right? Nexus 10 was released in 2012 and hasn't been updated since?

Leave a comment:

• kal
    replied
    Depending on what you want it for (and whether you need the latest processor etc.) you can still get a Nook HD+ from Argos for £130 for the 16GB model. Has a slot for an SD card and you can (if you look online and follow the instructions, or pay someone £10 or so) put stock Android on there if you want.

Doesn't have a camera on it, which may or may not be a good thing.
    I think I used the camera on my nexus 7 once just 2 test it out. My 3 yr old uses it all the time to takes selfies when shes using the CBeebies app though

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Depending on what you want it for (and whether you need the latest processor etc.) you can still get a Nook HD+ from Argos for £130 for the 16GB model. Has a slot for an SD card and you can (if you look online and follow the instructions, or pay someone £10 or so) put stock Android on there if you want.

Doesn't have a camera on it, which may or may not be a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    My kids have between them got a Nexus 7 a Kindle HD (rooted to remove Amazons restrictions) and a Samsung 7 inch. Of those I'd say the Nexus wins easily followed by the Kindle with the Samsung in third place.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X