• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Are we good enough to win the football world cup?"

Collapse

• Flashman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• I just need to test it
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Scotland are 22nd in the world currently
    Gosh, really? Respectfully, I find that astonishing.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Feel free to start a thread titled "Yr wy gwd enwgh ty quwllify fyr thy fwtbyllll wyrlld cyp?"
    l
    Those of English origin will automatically know it's not applicable and leave you and your compatriots to discuss amongst yourselves

HTH
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Whats this 'we' bollacks?

Last time I looked it was contractor UK.
    Last time I looked the UK was England, Scotland, Wales, N. Ireland.
    Last time I looked only ENGLAND were in the world cup.
    Feel free to start a thread titled "Are we good enough to qualify for the football world cup?"

Those of English origin will automatically know it's not applicable and leave you and your compatriots to discuss amongst yourselves

HTH

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigD View Post
    Ah... the FIFA world rankings.

They currently show Greece above The Netherlands/France/Chile/Mexico. If they end up meeting at the world cup, who will your money be on?
    That is probably because Greece won the Euro's in 2004

Although that should not matter as the fifa worldrankings are based on performance in last 4 years in relevant recognised events.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigD View Post

They currently show Greece above The Netherlands/France/Chile/Mexico. If they end up meeting at the world cup, who will your money be on?
    He'd only bet if they are playing England!

Leave a comment:

• TheBigD
    replied
    Uruguay are above England in the world rankings at the moment, if Suarez is fit then it is goodbye England.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    Ummm nope

Despite having the best league in the world (allegedly) they do not possess the quality players that are needed to win it
    Probably because of all the bloody migrant workers playing in it

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    England will win 2014 World Cup, says Germany's biggest bank | Business | The Guardian

Probably in the 'just for fun' category.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Uruguay are above England in the world rankings at the moment, if Suarez is fit then it is goodbye England, that could be quite funny, he is already hated enough.

I remember being fairly up front that I had 2 grand on Germany beating England.

I shall offer my advice this time up upfront, last big bet was last year where I won 2 grand, I left 200 quid in the bet fair account and frittered it away on bad luck bets so I am not exactly in form at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Italy will beat England and Uruguay will probably win as well depending on injuries.
    I think that seems quite probable. It's not an easy group and mid-level teams like Uruguay can very easily beat England on a good day.

I made about 4 grand betting in the last word cup. I'm going to start off with 200 quid and see how much I can take it up, ideally I would like a 4K TV.
    Are you going to put your mouth where your money is by telling us who/what you're betting on before the event? IIRC you talk about betting quite a lot unless I am mixing you up with someone else.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Interestingly, Scots say that every time, yet it hasn't happened for 56 years.
    Well I never said that last world cup.

I also remember mitch saying pretty much the exact same thing to me when I predicted Australia were going to batter England in the winter ashes.

Italy will beat England and Uruguay will probably win as well depending on injuries.

I made about 4 grand betting in the last word cup. I'm going to start off with 200 quid and see how much I can take it up, ideally I would like a 4K TV.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    ...England are 11th and will finish the world cup down from there, they probably won't get out the group
    Interestingly, Scots say that every time, yet it hasn't happened for 56 years.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    That's harsh. I would have put the liberals on a par with Scotland ever qualifying for another world cup
    Scotland are 22nd in the world currently, England are 11th and will finish the world cup down from there, they probably won't get out the group.

There are probably 40 players at the world cup that are better than England's best player, it is a very mediocre team.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    The fact that retailers are selling 4K tellys with the promotion of if England win the world cup you get your money back, rather makes me think there's more chance of the Liberals winning the next election outright
    That's harsh. I would have put the liberals on a par with Scotland ever qualifying for another world cup

Leave a comment:

Working...
X