• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I think I am going to cry"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    I also think it's more readable to have the anonymous function which is called when the event is triggered, and inside it you can call any functions you want.

I don't like:

Code:
    element.addEventListener('click', toggleMenu.bind(null, param1, param2), false);
    I prefer:

Code:
    element.addEventListener('click', function() {
        toggleMenu(param1, param2);
    }, false);
    Personal preference, but I won't be changing how I do it anytime soon. Or at least until I see a better argument against it.
    Suity says.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    And as an alternative to a whole anonymous class in Java they are a considerable improvement.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    A hack for an old MS browser aint much of a case to be fair.
    I also think it's more readable to have the anonymous function which is called when the event is triggered, and inside it you can call any functions you want.

I don't like:

Code:
    element.addEventListener('click', toggleMenu.bind(null, param1, param2), false);
    I prefer:

Code:
    element.addEventListener('click', function() {
        toggleMenu(param1, param2);
    }, false);
    Personal preference, but I won't be changing how I do it anytime soon. Or at least until I see a better argument against it.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Except by the end he's using an anonymous function anyway to get it to work in browsers older than IE9.
    A hack for an old MS browser aint much of a case to be fair.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Except by the end he's using an anonymous function anyway to get it to work in browsers older than IE9.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Avoiding anonymous JavaScript functions

WHS.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Looks like I am not alone

Let me google that for you

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Suity did you implement this project?

ITWat Project - Waste Water Treatment System

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Making Minestrone airtight doesn't sound very nice.
    Sounds nice for minestrone.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    I'll do you a deal - I'll agree to be your bitch, and in return we make minstrone airtight. With bananas all round?
    Making Minestrone airtight doesn't sound very nice.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    I bet you race people from the traffic lights to bathe in the glory of victory, while they casually take a left into the ASDA carpark blissfully unaware they just lost a 'race' ?
    Very good.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Yay Pwnd

Sent from my iMinion using Tapatalk
    I'll do you a deal - I'll agree to be your bitch, and in return we make minstrone airtight. With bananas all round?

Leave a comment:

• kal
    replied
    Run along Kal. Go on, off you pop.

Shout louder, can't hear you from deep inside that hole

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Run along Kal. Go on, off you pop.