• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Those Jermans they chipped our binny"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by oraclesmith
    Check-in girl : I'm sorry sir, you are 20 KILO'S OVERWEIGHT. You will need to leave all your baggage here or attend the mobile liposuction unit over there in order to fly today. Have a nice day.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...es/4356760.stm
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tees/5302630.stm
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/3212583.stm

Leave a comment:

• Flubster
    replied
    Check-in girl : I'm sorry sir, you are 20 KILO'S OVERWEIGHT. You will need to leave all your baggage here or attend the mobile liposuction unit over there in order to fly today. Have a nice day.
    Reply: That's alright love. I'll have a big sh1t here. That'll sort it out...

Leave a comment:

• Numptycorner
    replied
    Would a family of Midgets be able to go for the price of one Threaded?

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by expat
    Why not have a standard fare for every plane journey, based on distance flown times total weight (passenger plus all baggage)?

Excellent idea. If some bugger is going to carry a bomb on board make them pay for the extra weight!

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    Not a bad idea. I can imagine the queues at the weigh-in counter !

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    Why do I get charged for excess luggage (based on weight) when fat bastards are allowed to fly without excess charges.

Why not have a standard fare for every plane journey, based on distance flown times total weight (passenger plus all baggage)?

Leave a comment:

• Flubster
    replied
    Yeah, and can you imagine how much food waste you'd build up over a year or so
    Blasphemer! There will be no food waste in the Flubster household, goddammit!

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    Originally posted by Flubster
    Our local council empty our bins on alternate weeks. We are pretty good with putting our recycling rubbish in the appropriate bin, but find we have to empty our 'black' bin every week by taking it down the local tip. It's not my fault my wife is lazy and we resort to takeaways every night tus generating huge amounts of waste....
    Yeah, and can you imagine how much food waste you'd build up over a year or so, all of which should be composted properly ? The councils would do better by collecting food waste themselves in sealed containers and process it to produce fertilizer etc.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by BobTheCrate
    Errr...looks more like something built by Gerry Anderson.
    Or a set from one of the missing episodes of "The Prisoner"

Leave a comment:

• BobTheCrate
    replied
    Originally posted by CaribbeanPirate

All build by British engineers from ….. Arthur Anderson.
    Errr...looks more like something built by Gerry Anderson.

Leave a comment:

• Flubster
    replied
    Our local council empty our bins on alternate weeks. We are pretty good with putting our recycling rubbish in the appropriate bin, but find we have to empty our 'black' bin every week by taking it down the local tip. It's not my fault my wife is lazy and we resort to takeaways every night tus generating huge amounts of waste....

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    Considering most councils don't even have the skill to collect the bins at regular, defined intervals, would it not have been better to spend the money on more facilities to deal with it?

Secondarily, most of our recycling stuff isn't recycled. It's contracted out to companies that bury it or chuck it into ships and exported to China or Africa where it's cheap to dump crap.

Leave a comment:

• Flubster
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    Why do I get charged for excess luggage (based on weight) when fat bastards are allowed to fly without excess charges.

For the same reason my wife doesn't get a discount for being a skinny @rse. We, in effect, all pay an 'average weight' fare. Possible unfair if you are bulemic, but I'll sit smuggly in my seat (if I can squeeze in it) than you very much...

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_
    Clearly that would make you a terrorist.
    I prefer to be called " a concerned citizen" I think true accountability requires a robust challenge - if idiotic policies are implemented ( and the real result of this is going to be an increase in fly tipping) then those who dream these ideas up should suffer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X