• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "You know you’re a European when..."

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I voted as well.

But then again we have local elections as well to see which corrupt/paedo/bigoted councillors will get in.

I did notice the BNP leaflet that came through my door came very early in the morning......
    probably delivered by a Sikh with the newspapers.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I voted as well.

But then again we have local elections as well to see which corrupt/paedo/bigoted councillors will get in.

I did notice the BNP leaflet that came through my door came very early in the morning......
    Better the leaflet than the candidate.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Flashman View Post
    Well I voted. Gawd knows why.
    I voted as well.

Leave a comment:

• Flashman
    replied
    Well I voted. Gawd knows why.

If you vote you help validate the whole ridiculous charade.

If you don't vote then the EU wins anyway. But who can blame anyone for not bothering?

.......In reality, splitting up 9.7 percent of the vote between a group of dysfunctional political parties, to let them play in an institution that hasn't any real power anyway, is something for which it isn't even worth getting out of bed..
    Euro-elections: an exercise in futility

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    I don't want to be pedantic but surely Black Forest Gateau is a mixture of German location and French cake?
    Probably because only English speaking people use that name for it. The real name is Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte - Black Forest Cherry Cake/Pie/Tart...

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    I do want to be pedantic and surely Black Forest Gateau is a mixture of German location and French cake?
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I don't want to be pedantic but surely Black Forest Gateau is a mixture of German location and French cake?
    Good point. Mich didn't think of that.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Traitor! You should stick to traditional British cakes like Battenburg Cake, Swiss Roll and Black Forest Gateau!

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I like the EU. The people in charge of it, whoever they are, are like a Big Brother to me.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Sounds like a typical Southern European.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Perhaps Tehran should hold a referendum in Luton?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Traitor! You should stick to traditional British cakes like Battenburg Cake, Swiss Roll and Black Forest Gateau!
    I am too busy with eclairs, profiteroles, danish pastries, Viennese whirls and Tiramisu.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Your remake of Breaking Bad would have got to about series 3 before Walter succumbed.
    Your remake of Breaking Bad ends after one episode because there is no point in turning to a life of violence and crime when the state provides your healthcare free at the point of delivery.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    The continentals have some excellent cakes though. Imagine if all you had to snack on was spotted dick. You wouldn't like it one bit.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    The continentals have some excellent cakes though. Imagine if all you had to snack on was spotted dick. You wouldn't like it one bit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X