• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The latest phishing telephone scam."

Collapse

• meridian
    replied
    I've had them a couple of times before. They're usually stumped when I ask them to tell me what my IP address is so I can trace the correct computer...

Leave a comment:

• robpow
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Lucky he didn't talk you into buying any, or the lift would have stopped between floors
    Ba-da-boom!

Leave a comment:

• ravena
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Indian chap: Cojak? (no miss/missus, nowt)
    Cojak: Yes?
    Indian: We have been alerted by by your computer of malware, we've had to remove your from the main network server to a temporary server. I regretfully have to inform you that if you stay there you will lose all work and files and your computer will become unusable.
    Cojak: Oh No!
    Indian: Oh yes! Here is what you must do... (usual guff about locating the windows button).
    Cojak: (very quickly bored). I do not have Windows, I have an Apple Mac and you Sir, are a liar!
    Indian: An you can take your Mac and jump out of the window!
    brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........

lol! The poor guys must have been wishing that you'd let him access your computer and give him your credit card info. Hahaha!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I did once have someone ring the phone in a lift I was in and try and sell me stationary though.
    Lucky he didn't talk you into buying any, or the lift would have stopped between floors

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Maybe I'm just lucky but I've never had one of these calls. I did once have someone ring the phone in a lift I was in and try and sell me stationary though.

Leave a comment:

• robpow
    replied
    Used to do that with telesales people... told them I was very interested but just needed to get a pen.. then put the receiver to the side for 5-10 minutes. Some actually did wait it out!!

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    We should have a competition to see who can keep them on the line for the longest.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    started a topic The latest phishing telephone scam.

The latest phishing telephone scam.

Indian chap: Cojak? (no miss/missus, nowt)
    Cojak: Yes?
    Indian: We have been alerted by by your computer of malware, we've had to remove your from the main network server to a temporary server. I regretfully have to inform you that if you stay there you will lose all work and files and your computer will become unusable.
    Cojak: Oh No!
    Indian: Oh yes! Here is what you must do... (usual guff about locating the windows button).
    Cojak: (very quickly bored). I do not have Windows, I have an Apple Mac and you Sir, are a liar!
    Indian: An you can take your Mac and jump out of the window!
    brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........

Working...
X