• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I have no title for this"

Collapse

• speling bee
    replied
    Where's Philip Kent when some dating advice is needed?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    aaaaah now it makes sense!

hmmm......

had a similar situation with barmaid at local pub

started out just being nice then ........

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    I'm with him....

very confusing

bit like french cinema really
    To give it some context, it all started here:
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ow-pay-17.html

She was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar, that much is (not) true.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Is this an extract from one of those crowd-sourced novels where each paragraph is added by a different author?
    I'm with him....

very confusing

bit like french cinema really

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Is this an extract from one of those crowd-sourced novels where each paragraph is added by a different author?

No it's all me, true story.

I'm seeing her next on Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Just sell her and buy yourself a new kitchen instead.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Yes perhaps but I think that time of my life has come and gone. My life is now too stable and apathetic, a daily treadmill to nowhere - so when something out of the ordinary comes up it shakes the foundations I thought were so safe and so right. She's come to work here, thinks what a nice home I have, what a comfortable life I have, looking at my beautiful kids playing in the garden, looking at my perfect life. I'm thinking I want to get out of here.

It's midday, the sun is shining. I offer her lunch, she refuses. I make it for her anyway and she eats. It's like no one's ever done anything for her.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I think the correct title is 'Mid-life Crisis'

Get over it before you do something inappropriate, wreck your marriage and shock this young girl with some sort of advance that is probably the furthest thing from her mind.

I hate to tell you, but she's probably thinking what a nice man you are, just like old uncle Joe or grandpa Schmit used to be, and that's it.

Trust me
    It sounds like you have a story to tell us, Platypus. Perhaps one that we can all learn from.

Please do tell.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post

Get over it before you do something inappropriate, wreck your marriage and shock this young girl with some sort of advance that is probably the furthest thing from her mind.

I hate to tell you, but she's probably thinking what a nice man you are, just like old uncle Joe or grandpa Schmit used to be, and that's it.

Trust me
    WHS

Don't forget to give her a Werther's Original every day.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied

Trust me

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    Are you saying she's beyond help?
    It seems she's fairly capable of helping herself.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I doubt very much if she see's herself as someone who needs saving anyway. I would have thought she'd be quite offended to find out someone thought of her like that. I know I would.
    Are you saying she's beyond help?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Sounds like a fantasy to me. Which is fine as long as fantasy doesn't become obsession...
    I doubt very much if she see's herself as someone who needs saving anyway. I would have thought she'd be quite offended to find out someone thought of her like that. I know I would.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    You say you have kids. Are you married?

Do you really want all that grief for the opportunity to feel like you've "saved" some poor unfortunate? Do you think a relationship based on her undying gratitude is either likely or likely to work out?

Sounds like very shaky ground to me...
    Sounds like a fantasy to me. Which is fine as long as fantasy doesn't become obsession...

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    You say you have kids. Are you married?

Do you really want all that grief for the opportunity to feel like you've "saved" some poor unfortunate? Do you think a relationship based on her undying gratitude is either likely or likely to work out?

Sounds like very shaky ground to me...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X