• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Rise of the Salary Slave"

Collapse

• Ticktock
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Are you sure about Canada though seeing as some of them would rather be in the Francosphere
    Maybe some of them would. But not enough of them to actually win a referendum on it. Those that do want it, **** 'em.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
    Are you sure?

I think I know where the UKIP are going to get their next manifesto from: http://explorersfoundation.org/archi...ere_primer.pdf

Anglo-Saxonism relied on underlying assumptions of an Anglo-
    Saxon race, and sought to unite racial "cousins." It saw the British
    Empire and the United States (and sometimes also the Germans)
    as the building blocks of the Anglo-Saxon club, which in most
    proposed versions was some species of framework for mediating
    conflicts of interest between the building blocks.
    Today's Anglospherists see immigrants forming a new layer of
    intra-Anglosphere ties, as the East and South Asian, Caribbean,
    and Mediterranean origins of immigrants throughout the
    Anglosphere create new cross-relationships.

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    From the fount of all knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    WTF is Europe?

More seriously, the US, Canada, the UK, NZ, Australia and Canada, in this context.
    Its actually a real word, as such, which I've never heard before although it seems to have been made up by a writer. Are you sure about Canada though seeing as some of them would rather be in the Francosphere and the USA is becoming more and more of a Hispanosphere?

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    WTF is Europe?

More seriously, the US, Canada, the UK, NZ, Australia and Canada, in this context.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I think that goes to show it isn't so much a matter of the type of the work as it is a lack of motivation on part of some people to go and find it. It's not as though the trades pay a pittance in the UK or most of the anglosphere.
    WTF is the anglosphere?

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    So you could surmise from that, that if everyone got a better education then no-one would be doing manual work anymore. Maybe this is why education is tulip nowadays as those who have had a better education are using that to suppress others as they need the proles to do the manual work, except they don't, the educated just import it from abroad
    I think that goes to show it isn't so much a matter of the type of the work as it is a lack of motivation on part of some people to go and find it. It's not as though the trades pay a pittance in the UK or most of the anglosphere.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    Oh dear, I wonder if he knows she's Jewish as well

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    So you could surmise from that, that if everyone got a better education then no-one would be doing manual work anymore. Maybe this is why education is tulip nowadays as those who have had a better education are using that to suppress others as they need the proles to do the manual work, except they don't, the educated just import it from abroad
    It's all Maureen Lipman's fault.

Nigel Farage: Maureen Lipman to blame for too many people with degrees - Telegraph

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    They'll legislate themselves out of work.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    And at the opposite end of the wage scale:

BBC News - McDonald's workers sue over 'wage theft'

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Already clocked 11 hours for the day, not yet finished.

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    I was actually thinking about this when observing some senior managers where I work. I doubt this is really that much of a new thing. There's always been workaholics and people who enjoy working; I don't think it necessarily depends on the nature of the job. They probably make it more tolerable by making their work and social lives co-extensive. Personally, I prefer for there to be a separation between them.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X