• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: My new kettle

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "My new kettle"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Get yourself a set of these -£3.29 from ebay

Get yourself a bottle of this -£7.85 off ebay

Disconnect kettle from mains :-)

Dissemble base using the correct security thingy- you will see a circuit board with a white round doughnut shaped object

2-3 drops of the gorilla glue (which expands) in the centre of the doughnut will shut the little fecker up forever

Did it over a year ago and silence is golden
    Nice one - Thanks duly given!

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    You can?! How?

I stupidly bought a Bosch kettle, and the noisy crass beeps, when you turn it on and when it boils, drive me potty.
    Get yourself a set of these -£3.29 from ebay

Get yourself a bottle of this -£7.85 off ebay

Disconnect kettle from mains :-)

Dissemble base using the correct security thingy- you will see a circuit board with a white round doughnut shaped object

2-3 drops of the gorilla glue (which expands) in the centre of the doughnut will shut the little fecker up forever

Did it over a year ago and silence is golden

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Make sure you add the go-faster stickers on it to match your old BMW. It'll make you feel better about your small penis.
    No stickers required....

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    If it's a Bosch Styline - I know how to silence the annoying beeps
    You can?! How?

I stupidly bought a Bosch kettle, and the noisy crass beeps, when you turn it on and when it boils, drive me potty.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Make sure you add the go-faster stickers on it to match your old BMW. It'll make you feel better about your small penis.
    It worked for you did it?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Is it black?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    We've got one of these

Had it a few years. It was stupid expensive, but it does boil the water nice and quick. Apart from that it's crap. The outside gets hot, which took me by surprise. The lid is very tight - as a result the rubbery bit pulled off. ms#3 replaced it with a big metal chunky thing which screws in the hole, but that also gets super hot. The mouth is so narrow, you can't clean it out properly and the edges of the mouth are sharp, so if you do try and get into it to clean you end up with scraped knuckles. The filter thingy at the spout disintegrated after about 2 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    If it's a Bosch Styline - I know how to silence the annoying beeps

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Just made my 3rd cup of tea using my new kettle.

Not a top of the range model, just a value range one from ASDA.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Can't afford a new car or running machine mind.
    Do you pour the remaining water into a value flask to save wearing the kettle out?

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied

Is it metal?

Does it have fast boil?

Does it have a removable filter?

My new one from Sainsburys has a nice chrome finish and cost just twenty of your English pounds in a recent sale. It ticked all the above boxes.

It's still £40 on their web site: Breville Polished Stainless Steel Kettle - Kettles - Kitchen appliances - Kitchen - Home & garden - Sainsbury’s

So it just shows you: sometimes it's better to look for a cheaper deal "in-store".

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    As long as it matches the toaster you shouldn't offend HyperD.
    Yes, c'mon Prawny, does it match?!?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied

As long as it matches the toaster you shouldn't offend HyperD.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    started a topic My new kettle

My new kettle

Working...
X