• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Credit Agency confirms independent Scotland set for Triple-A credit rating"

Collapse

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    You were lucky, I was tortured and killed before I were born
    Ah ... so I will, one day, build a time machine!

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by evilagent View Post
    Cardboard box!
    Luxury.
    We lived at the bottom a lake and ate pebbles for breakfast.
    Pebbles?!?! You posh bastard!

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by evilagent View Post
    Cardboard box!
    Luxury.
    You were lucky, I was tortured and killed before I were born

Leave a comment:

• evilagent
    replied
    You think you came from a poor background? That's nothing. My folks lived in a cardboard box in the middle of a motorway.... blah blah
    Cardboard box!
    Luxury.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I grew where my folks had to make tough choices on a week by week basis. Raised voices a frequent occurrence. Both my parents earned a living, and our needs were modest but the slightest unexpected bill pushed simple things back. Like a birthday a few days later just because money was tight. I knew but would say nothing. You've no idea. And it's heartbreaking to see that happen they put on a strong face and go on and you help out how you can. I decided a long while ago I was not going to live like that so I got out. Yet you throw derogatory terms based on assumption.

I wouldn't donate money but I certainly would offer my help to dispel those situations I grew up in now that I can afford to do so.

You think you came from a poor background? That's nothing. My folks lived in a cardboard box in the middle of a motorway.... blah blah

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Aren't you the caring one. More like the "caring for number one". You have a personal axe to grind with being part of the UK and clearly you are driven by your own agenda.
    I grew where my folks had to make tough choices on a week by week basis. Raised voices a frequent occurrence. Both my parents earned a living, and our needs were modest but the slightest unexpected bill pushed simple things back. Like a birthday a few days later just because money was tight. I knew but would say nothing. You've no idea. And it's heartbreaking to see that happen they put on a strong face and go on and you help out how you can. I decided a long while ago I was not going to live like that so I got out. Yet you throw derogatory terms based on assumption.

I wouldn't donate money but I certainly would offer my help to dispel those situations I grew up in now that I can afford to do so.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    Ahh the lovely oil which will drop in value now Iraq is hitting decent production levels and Coal to Diesel conversion hits industrial levels and the US flood the gas market with Gas fraking.
    funny how life impersonates Art, New Lie pretty much followed Labours Proposal.

I always wondered how Alan B'stard could look so much like Tony without anyone noticing.

Now I'm going to have to get the box set out again.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Aren't you the caring one. More like the "caring for number one". You have a personal axe to grind with being part of the UK and clearly you are driven by your own agenda. You don't live in Scotland and you certainly have no idea what is best for the poor to who you refer (though you pretend to) and yet you want to vote!

Every one says "something needs to change" but none of these people can suggest what or how. If you really care why don't you go and dole out some of your own income, set up your own company and employ these poor people yourself otherwise shut up.
    Conscript all recruitment agents into the uranium mines would be a useful first step.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I think what's a given is the announcement to tackle poverty. It saddens me greatly reading about working families, the tough choices they make, and the absence of utility when it's need only to be replaced by charity. Meanwhile the other half of the country celebrates house prices. It's for a modern country to be in this situation. Something needs to change. I don't care who's at the helm but change is needed.
    Aren't you the caring one. More like the "caring for number one". You have a personal axe to grind with being part of the UK and clearly you are driven by your own agenda. You don't live in Scotland and you certainly have no idea what is best for the poor to who you refer (though you pretend to) and yet you want to vote!

Every one says "something needs to change" but none of these people can suggest what or how. If you really care why don't you go and dole out some of your own income, set up your own company and employ these poor people yourself otherwise shut up.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Why do you think?

I love my quality of live even more.
    Pride perhaps?

And in the Great country of Scotland you can't have a good quality of life?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    And that matters why?

You obviously love your country of birth (I am assuming) so much you chose to live and work abroad.
    Why do you think?

I love my quality of live even more.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Not entitled to a vote. Don't get me started. I should most certainly have a say given my 100's of years of Scottish genealogy.
    And that matters why?

You obviously love your country of birth (I am assuming) so much you chose to live and work abroad.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Depends. Do you want to park the nuclear submarines in the Thames?
    Yes it doesn't cause a problem for me, but I do believe there are a lot of jobs in the communities where they currently are that will be lost or relocated.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    Let's hope they take their share of the Public Sector pension liabilities too
    Depends. Do you want to park the nuclear submarines in the Thames?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X