• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ex contractors will not be considered"

Collapse

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    You do realise that everyone knows you're money grabbing opportunistic scum don't you?
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Yeh, but that was a turkey baster job though....
    That's MF02's official line, but the late night CCTV footage from Lidl's carpark says different.
    Last edited by suityou01; 1 April 2014, 12:24.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    MF03 is yours. I have this on good faith. There are 22 names in the running for MF04 though.
    Yeh, but that was a turkey baster job though....

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    I'm just scum. Who's the daddy?
    MF03 is yours. I have this on good faith. There are 22 names in the running for MF04 though.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    It's every bit as legal as when you turn down a role point blank because it's not a contract.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Katy Perry.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Tell them you aren't an ex-contractor, merely an independent consultant looking at opportunities within a larger employer.

Get used to the management bulltulip now rather than later.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    That means permies are opportunistic scum that don't grab money. That's a bit sad.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    You do realise that everyone thinks you're money grabbing opportunistic scum don't you?
    That means permies are opportunistic scum that don't grab money. That's a bit sad.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I hope so.
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    You do realise that everyone thinks you're money grabbing opportunistic scum don't you?
    I hope so.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    If the cap fits, wear it with pride!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    They can stick their poxy little job where the sun don't shine.
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    WHS +1
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    +1

Looking at the pay scale the only reason an ex contractor would take that is to either skill up or get back off the bench. Either way they will be gone within a year.

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied
    It's legal.

Some firms (admittedly not many) have a policy of not hiring people who smoke.

In fact, there was quite a well publicised case a few years ago in which a new starter at this company enquired as to where she should go for a smoke. Minutes later, she was sacked. The agency had neglected to inform her of the company's draconian anti smoking policy.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    +1

Looking at the pay scale the only reason an ex contractor would take that is to either skill up or get back off the bench. Either way they will be gone within a year.
    Or someone who is NCATBAC.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X