• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "National Talk Like an Agent Day!"

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
    Cornhill?
    Hayes.

No, I meant to say that hoaxley are a bunch of...

I've never got straight answers from them, and every dealing I've ever had with them has been a 100% waste of time.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by BjornMorg View Post
    Hi, I'm a HEADHUNTER...
    Oh yes. I went all weak at the knees the first time I heard that one.

Leave a comment:

• BjornMorg
    replied
    Hi, I'm a HEADHUNTER...

Leave a comment:

• BjornMorg
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Me - sorry I'm in a contract for the next 3 months.
    Agent - do you know anyone else with your skillset who is available?

I get this A LOT.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Cornhill?
    I always think cornhole when I think of Hoaxley

Leave a comment:

• Andy Hallett
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    "Right, we'd better get you in there then."

(On enquiring about a contract and informing the agent I lived around the corner from his office. And he did. This was a big agency, but obviously not hoaxley because they are c
    Cornhill?

Leave a comment:

• Flashman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    "Right, we'd better get you in there then."

(On enquiring about a contract and informing the agent I lived around the corner from his office. And he did. This was a big agency, but obviously not hoaxley because they are c

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    I just popped out to the newsagent and walked past a recruitment agency. The burglar alarm was ringing.

Well it made me titter anyway.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post

I get this A LOT.
    those guinea pigs aren't going to manage themselves, it is a niche market though.

Leave a comment:

• anonymouse
    replied
    Do you have experience dealing with handling small scale Change Requests and Problem Management tickets?

If you do please can highlight the experience in your CV in red and email it back to me.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied

I get this A LOT.

Leave a comment:

• anonymouse
    replied
    I know you've worked for this client before, doing this role, but a 10,000 word "why am I a good fit for this role" explanation might be helpful.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Who is the client?

(It's all flooding back to me)
    Can't remember sadly apart from it was for C# work, although it's not exactly unusual for agents to lie about the working location so my memory gets a bit foggy

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Originally posted by Mulder View Post
    Because people knew it was for HSBC
    Ah, yes HSBC. Went permie with them for a few months in Sheffield. Left when I was given a 'relative 4' grade.

Muppets.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X