• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Slight win but slight lose"

Collapse

• Alias
    replied
    I got an Ipad 1 I need to sell but cba...

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Needed an old iPad for testing so went to look on eBay. Found one with a crack on one corner of the screen, going cheap and no issue for my needs. Bit of a deal.

Discovered today it's the 4th generation not 3rd as advertised, so it should've gone for ~£75 more. BUT I specifically wanted a 3rd generation to test on lower-specced devices.

Can't decide whether to be pleased or annoyed. I could sell it on and make £50 but can I be bothered?
    Is the 4th gen one the one with the new lightening adapter? Wifi only it 3G too?

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    go to one of the repair joints at the cheap end of town and see if they have a 2nd hand 3rd gen one that they might be happy to just swap?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    started a topic Slight win but slight lose

Slight win but slight lose

Needed an old iPad for testing so went to look on eBay. Found one with a crack on one corner of the screen, going cheap and no issue for my needs. Bit of a deal.

Discovered today it's the 4th generation not 3rd as advertised, so it should've gone for ~£75 more. BUT I specifically wanted a 3rd generation to test on lower-specced devices.

Can't decide whether to be pleased or annoyed. I could sell it on and make £50 but can I be bothered?

Working...
X