• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Polish life is worthless in the UK."

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by mos View Post
    Personally I also find the death of the man "who has since died in circumstances unrelated to the collision" rather suspicious.
    From what I vaguely remember hearing from a friend who's a reporter on the local rag, he simply died of a heart attack or something like that. Nothing suspicious about it.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    My understanding is that it was established in court that had she been doing 30mph, the collision would not have led to her car striking the pedestrians. Think about it: the trajectory of an object to which a force is applied is dependent on the prior velocity and direction of motion of the object. I'm surprised such a basic point of physics is beyond so many here to understand.

It was also established that had she been travelling at 30mph, she would have been able to stop in time to avoid colliding with the other car, assuming she had noticed it as soon as it became visible from her position at that moment. However it was impossible to stop in time at 36mph.

And as for "most people" having done 36mph in a 30 limit: maybe so, but she was entering a bottleneck where two lanes from the dual carriageway and a third lane from a busy side road all merge into one lane in the space of maybe fifteen yards. I drove through that junction about twenty minutes ago; it wasn't that busy for the time of day, but thinking about this thread as I went through reinforced my opinion that driving through it at 36mph - in fact, entering the junction from the direction she came still doing 30mph - is reckless and irresponsible.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    And to sum up, the guy who died was driving a plastic sports car without wearing a seatbelt.

However, my normal reaction when dazzled is to slow down rather than swerve.

YMMV.
    He was speeding as well so he was partially the architect of his own misfortune - but she plainly doesn't yank the wheel and drive on the wrong side of the road every time she's "dazzled" or she'd have killed a lot more people.

When she was acquitted, she posted this on Facebook -

https://live-midlandslotusown.netdna...1389979845.jpg
    Last edited by Peoplesoft bloke; 13 March 2014, 12:00.

Leave a comment:

• mos
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    It was the Queen in the Ukrainian room with the Magnets

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Personally I also find the death of the man "who has since died in circumstances unrelated to the collision" rather suspicious.
    It was the Queen in the Ukrainian room with the Magnets

Leave a comment:

• mos
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    So just to check your logical skills:

1) Driver 1: was doing 36 miles in a 30 zone (which let's face it most people have done at one time or another). Was pushed by another car and therefore killed 2 pedestrians. Arguable whether doing 30 would have saved the situation.
    Not only was she speeding (36.7) while she went through amber light, but she was also chatting on the phone. Surely this affected her ability to properly react to (all too common) mistakes of other drivers.

Collisions investigator Pc Timothy O'Donnell has previously told the court that Mistry was travelling at 36.7mph in a 30mph zone when she went through the traffic lights.

He said his investigations showed that Mistry went through the lights on amber.

Pc O'Donnell said that tests showed that if Mistry had been travelling at 30mph, her stopping distance would have been shorter and she might have not hit the toddlers.

Prosecutor James Thomas has told the hearing that Mistry was talking on a hands-free mobile phone at the time.

He said: "It is our contention she did not know that she was speeding, she did not see the lights go to amber, she did not notice a lorry she overtook before the lights. We therefore say she was clearly distracted and driving in a careless manner."

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Response to this tragedy:

We are yet to see whether the punishment will be harsher than 18 months ban.
    So just to check your logical skills:

1) Driver 1: was doing 36 miles in a 30 zone (which let's face it most people have done at one time or another). Was pushed by another car and therefore killed 2 pedestrians. Arguable whether doing 30 would have saved the situation.

2) Driver 2: Was drunk and ran into a pavement under their own steam, killing 6.

Should Driver 1 and Driver 2 have the same punishment?

Leave a comment:

• mos
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Response to this tragedy:

Kamień Pomorski Mayor Bronisław Grzegorz Karpiński declared three days of mourning on Thursday, ordering flags to be flown at half-staff in the community and sirens to be sounded at noon on Friday. "I appeal to all residents of Kamień Pomorski to keep mourning from 2 to 4 January and to refrain from organizing events for entertainment," he said.
    We are yet to see whether the punishment will be harsher than 18 months ban.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    This looks like Nazi propaganda to me. :nazi:
    Besides, azinski defo does not sound like genuine Polish surname, its a hoax.

And may I add - posting and liking this showed unbelievably bad taste.
    You're right it was done with an axe
    "You overestimate the wealth of polish peasants if you believe they were using a chain saw"
    1996 Darwin Award: Macho Men?

And you're talking about taste when you started a thread like this?
    Your stupidity is even more pronounced that I thought

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Besides, azinski defo does not sound like genuine Polish surname, its a hoax.

We are all out to get you because you are Polish.

Leave a comment:

• mos
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    They do tend to get pissed though:

" Polish farmer Krystof Azninski, who staked a strong claim to being Europe's most macho man by cutting off his own head in 1995. Azninski, 30, had been drinking with friends when it was suggested they strip naked and play some "men's games". Initially they hit each other over the head with frozen turnips, but then one man upped the ante by seizing a chainsaw and cutting off the end of his foot. Not to be outdone, Azninski grabbed the saw and, shouting "Watch this then," he swung at his own head and chopped it off. "It's funny," said one companion, "when he was young he put on his sister's underwear. But he died like a man." -)
    Personally I like the whacking over the head with turnips, sounds like something they do in Norfolk :-)
    Besides, azinski defo does not sound like genuine Polish surname, its a hoax. (does Azoebbels sound like proper German name to you? I don't think so.)

Last edited by mos; 13 March 2014, 11:00.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    You mean you don't know for certain that you got a kicking or perhaps it was something like this?
    25 years ago mind. But I remember getting punched and dropping my kebab and then some lads giving me a booting. Wasnt too bad just a bit bruised.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    youtube blocked. But maybe - this was almost 25 years ago!
    Ah, at that time the exploding kebab shop was still a public lavatory

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    And to sum up, the guy who died was driving a plastic sports car without wearing a seatbelt.

However, my normal reaction when dazzled is to slow down rather than swerve.

YMMV.
    I've always considered aiming directly at the source of bedazzlement a somewhat ineffective collision avoidance technique.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    youtube blocked. But maybe - this was almost 25 years ago!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X