• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Job of the day £70/day!"

Collapse

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    Time for Bob Shawadiwadi to enter the job market

Bob Shawadiwadi wouldn't accept a lower rate than what he would get in India....

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Going to apply for this role with a new CV. When they open up the CV it will read:

Are you having a laugh!? £70/day?!
    Time for Bob Shawadiwadi to enter the job market

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Going to apply for this role with a new CV. When they open up the CV it will read:

Are you having a laugh!? £70/day?!

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Either your painter is crap, you have a natural talent, or he was being polite.
    2nd option obviously! couldn't be the 3rd option cos I didn't tell him it was me. As for the 1st option I usually have to book him 2 months in advance as he is so busy..... He quotes 60% the rate of other painters in the area but does a better job. Polish for ya

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Only my painter himself thought my paint work was done by a professional
    Either your painter is crap, you have a natural talent, or he was being polite.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Just had some painting done by sister-in-laws father. £50/day. Hes not very good mind so you get what you pay for.
    Well this Polish painter actually works 2x as fast as any other painter I have used so we get more than our money's worth.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    That's BS. Painting is a skill.

I learned how to do data-warehousing by looking up STAR on wikipedia but that doesn't make me an expert.
    Only my painter himself thought my paint work was done by a professional

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Only if you know how to paint/clean!
    And try and get a reliable cleaner for £10/hour. Impossible. Most of them treat it as optional to turn up whether they need the money that week or not.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Learnt how to paint after watching youtube for 10 minutes. I pay my polish painter £120 a day in cash. I think that Computer Futures should be reported to the council for slave labour.
    Just had some painting done by sister-in-laws father. £50/day. Hes not very good mind so you get what you pay for.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Learnt how to paint after watching youtube for 10 minutes.
    That's BS. Painting is a skill.

I learned how to do data-warehousing by looking up STAR on wikipedia but that doesn't make me an expert.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Learnt how to paint after watching youtube for 10 minutes. I pay my polish painter £120 a day in cash. I think that Computer Futures should be reported to the council for slave labour.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    FFS they want a data warehousing expert with C# knowledge for under £10/hour! You can get more as a cleaner or painter!

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Surely this must win "the worst job ever advertised in the history of CUK" award.

FFS they want a data warehousing expert with C# knowledge for under £10/hour! You can get more as a cleaner or painter!

Computer Futures are on my own personal blacklist after that advert.....

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    That is just nuts but there are some companies out there who would think this is ok. To be fair, in this case, I bet the agency is charging the client £100.

I've had mates in the past say they know someone who is after an IT person for a few weeks. I've got in touch and £100/day offered and they think thats good. Honestly they do.

(My old man is the same mind but he is 80. Asked me the other day how much 'people like me' earn. Didn't really want to tell him so he asked, more than £300 (which he thinks is a lot) a week. Umm yes Dad just about. On this basis now he thinks I'm loaded.)

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Can someone PM the link to PsychoCandy please...
    thanks NLUK. Even my current gig is nowhere near this bad!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X