• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The Forums

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Forums"

Collapse

• oraclesmith
    replied
    [QUOTE=DaveB]Maybe it's just me but the whole of CUK seems to be going downhill at the moment. The only stuff getting posted seems to be pointless name calling and willy waving by the juvenile contingent.

What was it like in the good old days then DaveB ?

Leave a comment:

• CaribbeanPirate
    replied
    Don’t forget to ban all liquids and gels.

Leave a comment:

• Diestl
    replied
    Posts not relating to IT Contracting in the UK will be stored in a hidden group only viewable to users with > 1000 posts (and me as its my idea).

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    I say:

a) permanent ban anyone who posts from multiple nicks on the same IPs
    b) temporary ban on any poster who posted more than 5 messages per day (silence is golden you know)
    c) ban posting on topics of: religion, house prices, Iraq war, _any_ subject response to which can be "doomed!"

All this would increase UK's GDP just enough to help Gordon Brown meet his forecasts.

hth
    And cricket, eh Alex?

Leave a comment:

• Asterix
    replied
    Stop posting rubbish

1. No religious topics (inc.Lebanon and Iraq wars)
    2. Max no of posts to stop the self-obsessed armchair-experts (inc. AtW)

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Sorry guys - my fault for responding to the juveniles I suppose. Still have that juvenile side myself I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I say:

a) permanent ban anyone who posts from multiple nicks on the same IPs
    b) temporary ban on any poster who posted more than 5 messages per day (silence is golden you know)
    c) ban posting on topics of: religion, house prices, Iraq war, _any_ subject response to which can be "doomed!"

All this would increase UK's GDP just enough to help Gordon Brown meet his forecasts.

hth
    Last edited by AtW; 22 August 2006, 15:50.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    If you get rid of all the trolls then the boards will become tedious...a direct result of over moderation
    I tend to agree, moderation in moderation, some say!

Gernerally I do enjoy this board, form time to time it may go off the boil,I wonder if perhaps there is a degree of self censorship creeping in these days ...

...or is it just my imagination running away with me ?
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 22 August 2006, 15:43.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    If you get rid of all the trolls then the boards will become tedious...a direct result of over moderation

Leave a comment:

• Jesus
    replied
    seems it takes about 400 now

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    24 posts

What happened to the mods ability to identify a troll in 24 posts?

Leave a comment:

• Jesus
    replied
    It is almost as tedious as the constant 'oh dear PC madness...' type drivel

Leave a comment:

• wackadu
    replied
    Shut it poopy pants

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW