• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Will UKIP 's campaign manager apologize for the Cash for Question scandal?"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Actually some of them do want to. My cousin moved out there with his (Polish) wife. He earns 80% of what he earned in London and the standard of living is apparently far higher. I reckon as wages go up there and more consultancies set up "nearshoring" operations we'll see more traffic the other way.
    Oh, I agree. Some people do and will but if you buy into the UKIP and eurosceptic rhetoric then you're not allowed to, its one way only. In fact you only need to look here on CUK to see that there are quite a few Brits living and working abroad. As the new entries to the EU slowly build up their economies, as some of them already are, then we'll probably see more and more Brits, in particular those who have a purpose to their life, moving to those countries to start a new and probably better life.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Ignoramus. Did you actually read the quote? He basically states that Brits can't go to another country to work due to the EU which is, as I said, absolute bollocks. As to what you say, it's also absolute bollocks. Poland and ohter countries do have jobs that Brits could do (Auf Wiedersehen Pet?) its just the fact they don't want to, either abroad or at home. Wake the **** up...
    Actually some of them do want to. My cousin moved out there with his (Polish) wife. He earns 80% of what he earned in London and the standard of living is apparently far higher. I reckon as wages go up there and more consultancies set up "nearshoring" operations we'll see more traffic the other way.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    That is not the point is it? There is nothing to stop Brits going to Poland other than the fact that Poland has no jobs that Brits would be interested in. The fact is that Britain is the repository for any unemployed citizen in the Uk to come to for work. who is losing out? British workers of course.
    Ignoramus. Did you actually read the quote? He basically states that Brits can't go to another country to work due to the EU which is, as I said, absolute bollocks. As to what you say, it's also absolute bollocks. Poland and ohter countries do have jobs that Brits could do (Auf Wiedersehen Pet?) its just the fact they don't want to, either abroad or at home. Wake the **** up...

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by mos View Post
    Is that the reason why they do not want to marry English women?
    It's the reason I've usually avoided them

Leave a comment:

• mos
    replied
    Well it makes it more believable doesn't it. Even illegal immigrants don't want to marry a minger.
    Is that the reason why they do not want to marry English women?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by mos View Post
    OMG! So now being 'Hot' is prerequisite for applying for the job as 'EU passport provider' in the bogus marriage? I would defend good name of every good woman, especially Romanian who suffered from very vile press lately!
    Well it makes it more believable doesn't it. Even illegal immigrants don't want to marry a minger.

Leave a comment:

• mos
    replied
    Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
    The question stands: why has Farage appointed disgraced Neil Hamilton as campaign director? Why isn't Farage apologizing? How is the UKIP different from LIbLabCon when it comes to raising money?
    I am pretty sure that Farage considers classification of Hamilton as a 'back room Boy' to be a perfectly good explanation, so no apology needed.

Leave a comment:

• mos
    replied
    You are very arrogant if you think any mention of eastern european women refers to Poles. There are loads of hot women from lithuania, estonia and latvia, as well as czech republic, and my polish ex (who was a model and fitness instructor) was actually half romanian.
    OMG! So now being 'Hot' is prerequisite for applying for the job as 'EU passport provider' in the bogus marriage? I would defend good name of every good woman, especially Romanian who suffered from very vile press lately!
    Last edited by mos; 2 March 2014, 11:04.

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    The question stands: why has Farage appointed disgraced Neil Hamilton as campaign director? Why isn't Farage apologizing? How is the UKIP different from LIbLabCon when it comes to raising money?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    You are very arrogant if you think any mention of eastern european women refers to Poles. There are loads of hot women from lithuania, estonia and latvia, as well as czech republic, and my polish ex (who was a model and fitness instructor) was actually half romanian.

Leave a comment:

• mos
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Jesus, will you stop inventing things? Where did I mention Polish women? You are simply obsessed with your own nationality! I made it quite plain that it was a much broader problem of EU borders and rules in general. Since you cannot read, here is what that DT article says, and It chimes with almost every bogus marriage case I have read about in London.
    PS As for toilets the French do that too. Lost all my change down one once. Idiot design!

I have seen those for the first time at the Train Station in Turkey and then in China. And yet - read the article and read these comments. Inflammatory piece designed to further dehumanise us in the eyes of the public. As for your experience in France - its different thing to say that such toilets are installed in given country in certain location. What this article says is that Eastern Europeans are unable to use normal toilet so DHL had no choice but to install this monstrous thing. Probably tomorrow everyone will be looking at me and thinking things about how I use the toilet. Sounds like great day.

To summarise - this article is nothing more but a pack of lies, vicious smear campaign. And so is the sham marriage thing.

Ps. the work looks shabby - have they really paid thousands for that? I would ask for my money back
    Last edited by mos; 2 March 2014, 00:41.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I find your allegation that Polish women marry Nigerian men for money in numbers which warrant long letter home not only completely untrue, but also very offensive. This is what I think about it
    Jesus, will you stop inventing things? Where did I mention Polish women? You are simply obsessed with your own nationality! I made it quite plain that it was a much broader problem of EU borders and rules in general. Since you cannot read, here is what that DT article says, and It chimes with almost every bogus marriage case I have read about in London.

Sham marriages are a "massive loophole" in Britain's border controls and amount to a "golden ticket" into the country for immigrants, an official report has warned.
    John Vine, the Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration, highlighted serious failings in the way officials are attempting to combat bogus marriages.
    Men made up more than eight out of 10 of the non-European half of the arrangement. They were typically trying to marry someone from the newer eastern European states.
    PS As for toilets the French do that too. Lost all my change down one once. Idiot design!

Leave a comment:

• mos
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    d) Illegal immigration from Nigeria, Pakistan etc often involves EU citizens from Eastern Europe. Sham marriages are, more often than not, to Eastern European women.
    I find your allegation that Polish women marry Nigerian men for money in numbers which warrant long letter home is not only completely untrue, but also extremely offensive. I bet that it sells soooo well though. This is what I think about it:
    Swindon warehouse installs squat toilet because workers 'kept breaking loo' | Mail Online
    Last edited by mos; 1 March 2014, 23:44.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Polish minority increased to 7.7% from 1.3% of foreign born being here legally. There are also 9.9% foreign born Indians, 6.4% Pakistanis and 2.2% Bangladeshis. I maintain that the illegal immigration is likely huge, and 0% Polish.
    I said In my local town. This follows on from my previous comment that national statistics do not tell the full story because migrants tend to concentrate in specific areas, a point you appeared to be making yourself with your references to towns like Luton. This means that in some areas, particularly in the South East and East Anglia, people are impacted far more than the national figures suggest. Also rate of migration matters because of the difficulty in providing facilities such as schools and housing. AFAIK the Asian population of Luton has grown over decades, not 8 years, and the town has had more time to adjust. Here are the references for the town I am referring to. No reason to think they are untrue and, from my own observation, I rather doubt it.

WITH more than 5,000 people in Crawley speaking Polish as a first language it means around one in every 20 people you walk past in the town will be from Poland
    http://www.crawleynews.co.uk/Plan-Po...#axzz2PKoKJDhv

In West Sussex, there are fears that areas such as Crawley, where one third of pupils in some primary schools are from Eastern Europe, could face extra pressure.
    BBC News - Migration pressure fears for school places

Of course there will be 0% illegal Polish immigration because Polish immigration is entirely legal under EU rules! However, that does not mean that immigration from outside the EU is unrelated to EU membership since:

a) Some EU countries are handing EU passports to those outside the EU. Romania and Hungary offer them to Moldovans, Turks and Serbians depending on ethnicity. Malta was even trying to sell them until the EU blocked it.

b) Borders in some countries (and I include Greece and Italy, this is not just about Eastern Europe) are very porous. If illegals can make it past those they can get to Calais without further checks.

c) If, for example, somebody from Africa presents with an Italian passport it is much harder for our border agencies to check validity than if it was a visa provided by our own agencies.

d) Illegal immigration from Nigeria, Pakistan etc often involves EU citizens from Eastern Europe. Sham marriages are, more often than not, to Eastern European women.

Sham marriage a 'massive loophole' in Britain's border - Telegraph
    Exclusive: Interpol chief - close EU border loophole or risk attack - World Politics - World - The Independent
    Leading article: Time to fix our borders - Editorials - Voices - The Independent
    EUobserver / Malta bows to EU 'pressure' on passport sales
    [Non-EU citizens will be able to work in Britain after Bulgarian restrictions lifted - Telegraph
    Last edited by xoggoth; 1 March 2014, 23:16.

Leave a comment:

• mos
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    That is not the point is it? There is nothing to stop Brits going to Poland other than the fact that Poland has no jobs that Brits would be interested in. The fact is that Britain is the repository for any unemployed citizen in the Uk to come to for work. who is losing out? British workers of course.
    That is untrue. As I remember all audit firms, good banking jobs and so on were occupied by Brits and Americans.

Many Polish people came to England because they wanted to get to know this country, much like Australians and New Zealanders. You are just too limited to see Poles as people, which may have something to do with your occupation (no offence).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X