• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: London tossers

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "London tossers"

Collapse

• blacjac
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Occasionally I like randonly finding old threads and seeing what everyone makes of them.

It also proves that general is mostly the same old rubbish going round and round.

HTH
    Not really.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by TinTrump View Post
    When the time comes I'll ask for suggestions from the congregation here. One or two replies may even be serious.
    Rather optimistic.

Leave a comment:

• TinTrump
    replied
    I was born in London but couldn't wait to settle elsewhere and never returned after university.

When I get back from the Middle East I want to reside in a lovely old English city such as Bristol, Bath or Winchester (work allowing, which means Bristol offers more opportunities). With excellent local ale.

When the time comes I'll ask for suggestions from the congregation here. One or two replies may even be serious.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    My opinion hasn't changed in 3 years, funny how all the bragging from my trader mates has stopped though.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    But surely, if they live there, they are still going to be there at weekends.

Or is that being a bit picky?
    London is full of northern contractors living in B&Bs who like to go back to their pit at the weekends. It also has plenty of new money City types who can afford a home in the country.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    haven't you got summat better to do with your time or are you really THAT bored
    Without understanding the past we cannot understand the future.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I wasn't moaning about how awful London is I was moaning about all the tossers that live there, Its quite nice to visit on weekends when they have all gone home.
    But surely, if they live there, they are still going to be there at weekends.

Or is that being a bit picky?

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    A brief glimpse of classic Fleetwood on page 3!

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Occasionally I like randonly finding old threads and seeing what everyone makes of them.

It also proves that general is mostly the same old rubbish going round and round.

HTH
    haven't you got summat better to do with your time or are you really THAT bored

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Whatever happened to Mordac anyway?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by blacjac View Post
    Why have you resurected a 3 year old thread to ask that?

HTH

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Yes I am.
    Quiet and pass me that sandwich.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    what seemed to be relatively interesting thread has gone to hell in a handbasket.

Someone fire the sockies

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Ah, that brings back a few memories....

This thread was from the time that I was watching this forum before I registered and got involved myself.

Happy days.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    He must be VERY VERY bored
    Yes I am.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X