• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: New toy

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New toy"

Collapse

• Alias
    replied

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    It is pretty much raining the rest of the week. Luckily I have a book for that.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hubble-Windo...eywords=hubble

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I found Jupiter. It really does have a red spot and moons.
    Are you sure that wasn't SimonMac?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I found Jupiter. It really does have a red spot and moons.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I've dialed in the finderscope now so finding specific objects should be a lot easier. I need to get a better grasp of the coordinate systems as well. RA is a puzzle, surely it changes every day?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    The sky cleared for 37.63 seconds last evening, enabling me to see the shoulder of Orion.

Then it clouded over again & rained on me.
    Walking back from the station around midnight, the sky was quite clear. Lots of stars (including Orion).

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    It's a big bugger. Bit hard to align with north as well, as my house in the way...

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    And you can gaze at Uranus.
    I think a periscope is probably more useful for that.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    i spent 15 mins looking at the moon through me binos the other night.

mars and jupiter were up as well, but i didnt find them. bloomin clouds

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    What happened to Cliphead BTW? He was a bit of an astronomy / space enthusiast wasn't he?
    Long story. Basically there he joined some Eastern block circus as part of a he-she freak show act. He fell in love with a bloke named Boris, who broke his heart. He left the circus and now tours on his own around Bulgaria as half of the aforementioned act. A sad tale really.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    What happened to Cliphead BTW? He was a bit of an astronomy / space enthusiast wasn't he?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I'm not sure you can with that scope, and Uranus is below the horizon most of the night where I am, but you can see Jupiter, Mars and Saturn. And lots of nebulas and things.

I'm a bit handicapped by only being able to look South, I'll need a much bigger garden to get a full 360 degree sky

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Forecast is for a clear sky later. Hopefully I can pick it up tonight....

Thank you folks, I'm here all week.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Forecast is for a clear sky later. Hopefully I can pick it up tonight....

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Nice looking piece of kit that. Have to just remember to tilt it to point at the sky after the neighbours have gone to sleep.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X