• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Cold

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cold"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Top Tip! fuses don't just blow because they want you to visit them - you need to identify the cause
    actually they do.

frequently they blow due to a fault however they can just age or blow during a surge.

http://paris.utdallas.edu/IEEE-RS-AT...08/2008-12.pdf

Zeity - don't all domestic fuses come from China nowadays?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Combi I think. Valve rings a bell as something that's got stuck in the past. Mr ms will give it a kick in the morning, but given that the fuse blew there might be some electrickery.
    Could be your knuckle-valve-strumbler.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Combi I think. Valve rings a bell as something that's got stuck in the past. Mr ms will give it a kick in the morning, but given that the fuse blew there might be some electrickery.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by Archangel View Post
    Unless the heating comes from an immersion heater it's not the thermocouple.

If it's a combi, could be the diverted valve. If it's not a combi then it's the three way valve, or one of the two ways if it's s plan not y plan.

Have you tried bleeding the radiators?
    The hot water could be in the tank from before the thermo failed.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Hot water working, but no heating. A tad chilly. Think I might have to call in a man.
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    In all seriousness what kind of system do you have?

Do you have a hot water tank in a jacket in your airing cupboard?
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Or 3 way valve. Depends on the set up.
    Looks like you've found your man, and he's getting prepared:

Leave a comment:

• Archangel
    replied
    Unless the heating comes from an immersion heater it's not the thermocouple.

If it's a combi, could be the diverted valve. If it's not a combi then it's the three way valve, or one of the two ways if it's s plan not y plan.

Have you tried bleeding the radiators?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Can we have a poll?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Thermocouple
    Or 3 way valve. Depends on the set up.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I'm awaiting my Tado, to hopefully reduce my gas bill, guaranteed to save its cost or money back..

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Cold

Thermocouple

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Hot water working, but no heating. A tad chilly. Think I might have to call in a man.
    In all seriousness what kind of system do you have?

Do you have a hot water tank in a jacket in your airing cupboard?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Top Tip! fuses don't just blow because they want you to visit them - you need to identify the cause
    ms3?

(He has now texted back denying all knowledge)

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    The cold weather is only local because the rest of the world is suffering from global warming

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Fixed now after a mountaineering expedition through the crap in the garage to locate a 3A fuse.

Hint: If you're not the tidiest of people, mount your garage wall racks near the door, not on the back wall.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X