• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "UKIP form their own EU"

Collapse

• petergriffin
    replied
    Originally posted by Flashman View Post
    Assuming that never happens what's the next move for the Netherlands?
    No change is needed. Being a satellite of Germany has its own perks, just as convenient it is for Britain to be the US poodle.

Leave a comment:

• Flashman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    WHS, probably better to work with the Dutch (and many German businesspeople) to persuade the German government that the EU has to move toward more business freedom and less interference; they will probably agree with you.
    Assuming that never happens what's the next move for the Netherlands?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Give me an racist misogynistic sexist old ****er living in the good old days when we had an empire ahead of a "Euroclone" any day
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    There are only so many "Alf Garnets" so I think it's now reached it's full potential.
    Give me an Alf Garnett ahead of a "Euroclone" any day

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Still get loads of Johnny Foreigner (and there's 53 countries in the Commonwealth although probably only 16 in the Realm
    Of course you utterly miss the point about why we want to leave the EU. As for your comment about "Europeans" you might like to explain what this actually is? It seems that you have homogenised anyone who lives in Europe as a single cultural entity. This is exactly how the elite who run the EU look upon everyone. They have no respect for national identities or differing cultures. This is why the British wish to leave.

as for the pathetic assertion that bringing to together the commonwealth is being considered as some sort of way of battling against the EU then I have never heard of such nonsense. why would any country be naive enough o join something or develop something purely for such negative reasons?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    There are only so many "Alf Garnets" so I think it's now reached it's full potential.

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post

All I can say is: Well done UKIP - 18% of the vote, in a safe Labour seat.
    Roll on the Euro elections...
    Whooo! 18%! Rocking the world, eh?

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    stuff
    stuff
    more stuff
    crappy poster
    Some minor points in there I guess, but nothing of note really.

All I can say is: Well done UKIP - 18% of the vote, in a safe Labour seat.
    Roll on the Euro elections...

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
    Deluded! The Dutch don't feel and don't want to feel Anglo Saxons. It is a tiny little country that thrives on export and not pissing their customers off and they need Germany on their side.

In this respect, considering their history, the Germans have been masters of diplomacy in the last 65 years (if you limit it to West Germany), while the United Kingdom...
    WHS, probably better to work with the Dutch (and many German businesspeople) to persuade the German government that the EU has to move toward more business freedom and less interference; they will probably agree with you.

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied

Maybe let the Netherlands join too - just to spite the EU. English speaking, the Dutch gave us our Bill of Rights and a royal connection with King William III.
    Deluded! The Dutch don't feel and don't want to feel Anglo Saxons. It is a tiny little country that thrives on export and not pissing their customers off and they need Germany on their side.

In this respect, considering their history, the Germans have been masters of diplomacy in the last 65 years (if you limit it to West Germany), while the United Kingdom...

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Well it's a good idea, provided that, unlike the EU, it doesn't morph into some monstrosity far beyond its original concept. Also, I have never heard of UKIP express dislike towards Europeans, it's more towards the EU and its bureaucrats. I don't like that contemptible lot, either. No more than I like our own busybodies.

Moreover, whilst the Eurocrats might snub the UK to preserve their pride, I doubt that the countries which trade with it within the EU would willingly shoot themselves in the foot to maintain the dignity of some crooks who rule them from afar.
    Last edited by Zero Liability; 13 February 2014, 22:47.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    UKIP. Love Europe, hate the EU.

Let's see how they do today in the Wythenshawe and Sale East by-election. Well I hope.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Maybe let the Netherlands join too - just to spite the EU. English speaking, the Dutch gave us our Bill of Rights and a royal connection with King William III.
    The French gave us the doomsday book and the Germans our modern national identity. We had better invite them too.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    He was probably misquoted.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X