• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How to crash and burn in an interview"

Collapse

• oscarose
    replied
    Originally posted by Bellona View Post
    indeed we do
    thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Bellona
    replied
    Originally posted by oscarose View Post
    Got the role today - signed and sealed offer. They were asking for war and peace but because of my contracting experience i.e. solving business issues secured the role after 2nd interview.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    We need a boomed thread.

HTH
    indeed we do

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    We need a boomed thread.

HTH
    all hail doodab and spacecadet!!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Got the role today - signed and sealed offer. They were asking for war and peace but because of my contracting experience i.e. solving business issues secured the role after 2nd interview.

Many thanks indeed to Doodab and SpaceCadet for assisting re: answering the technical questions when in reality that knowledge isn't needed on a day to day basis but demonstrated an ideal overall profile for the job. Many thanks!

We need a boomed thread.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied

Many thanks indeed to Doodab and SpaceCadet for assisting re: answering the technical questions when in reality that knowledge isn't needed on a day to day basis but demonstrated an ideal overall profile for the job. Many thanks!

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by BjornMorg View Post
    Try swearing during an interview...
    Or waving your knob around...

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Its the English idiom.
    Imagine that your sister was a monkey or a chimp, and some other monkey got her knocked up and she had a baby, that would make you the uncle of said monkey.
    This is such an unlikely scenario that it is used as a comparative analogy, as in 'If this one chance in a zillion occurrence occurs, then I am a monkeys uncle'

Similarly a rabbits paw is the father of a rabbit. Rabbits being generally hard to find in an IT office 'rubbing the rabbits paw' is a non comparative analogy ofeten used by people to signify that a large amount of luck may be needed, but we are right behind you

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I'm unclear on some of the terms used here in this thread - 'Monkey's uncles' and 'Rabbits paws'??

Its the English idiom.
    Imagine that your sister was a monkey or a chimp, and some other monkey got her knocked up and she had a baby, that would make you the uncle of said monkey.
    This is such an unlikely scenario that it is used as a comparative analogy, as in 'If this one chance in a zillion occurrence occurs, then I am a monkeys uncle'

Similarly a rabbits paw is the father of a rabbit. Rabbits being generally hard to find in an IT office 'rubbing the rabbits paw' is a non comparative analogy ofeten used by people to signify that a large amount of luck may be needed, but we are right behind you

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Reading the OP a 2nd time I'm now wondering if it was sarcastic?
    I'm unclear on some of the terms used here in this thread - 'Monkey's uncles' and 'Rabbits paws'??

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    WHS +10,000,000.

Utterly unbelievable bollocks (as usual) there Suity.
    Reading the OP a 2nd time I'm now wondering if it was sarcastic?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Never mind chaps. Better luck next time.

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Balls

That's the spirit!
    Cheers - yep, chin up.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained..

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Should have exercised your right of substitution and send MF instead...

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    Originally posted by Bellona View Post
    sorry to hear - keep smiling !
    Thanks - will do!

I was very grateful indeed for the opportunity. Very grateful that I'm still in work and come home to a nice meal

What will be will be - it was a long haul, 90 minutes+

I got on well with the people - a good bunch.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Bombed out too!
    Balls

Upwards and onwards.
    That's the spirit!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X