• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What the pagans worship...."

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.

One of my top 3 books...

You see, there was a bit of a mixup when the Antichrist was born, due in part to the machinations of Crowley, who did not so much fall as saunter downwards...
    Last edited by cojak; 18 August 2006, 20:21.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek
    So this big God dude, he's all powerful right ?

Then how come he hasn't waved his magic wand and banished the Devil, in the blink of an eye ?

Options ...
    6) God is all powerful, but God is the evil one (clearly as he's responsible for all the bad things in the world). Satan is the force for good, but is powerless against God.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Satan gets a bum rap

He's not bad just misunderstood

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    Belief, like fear, is just another motivational technique. Religion is just another control technique.

Without belief (ie. some kind of reason to be) would we all give up reproducing ?

Without religion, would we all turn into amoral monsters.

No.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Ok...I'll bite......

So this big God dude, he's all powerful right ?

Then how come he hasn't waved his magic wand and banished the Devil, in the blink of an eye ?

Options

1) He can't because neither exist

2) He won't, because the Devil serves a useful purpose and tempts potential sinners and thus keeps the entrees in to Heaven down...I'd call that malicious and wilful entrapment myself. Nice God you have there....

3) He can't because the Devil and God are two sides of the same being

4) He can't because the Devil would kick his a55, and everyone knows God is the Devil's Baitch

5) Who frickin cares ?

Before you launch in to the usual reponse "But God gave each man and woman freedom of choice....", my answer to that over-used line is this....

If he gave us free choice, then why are we supposedly judged at the end of it ?

That's not free choice is it ? That's saying, ABIDE BY MY RULES because if you don't, I'll GET THE BIG STICK.

There...I've bitten. Happy now ?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    He is working in Docklands all right, but he is a janitor sweeping floors there and can only post here during the day when people either forget to log off or use brain stupid passwords that he can easily guess like: Christ or SheepShag, you get the idea.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Chico,

How's your big-hitting IT career in Docklands going? Or was that a blatant lie contrary to your rules?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Chico - if you press Alt-F4 you will see God before you...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    Not surprising that the pagans find comfort here with each other. I will stand as the sole voice of reason and truth. The minute the majority of opinion agrees with me, would be the minute I know that I have left the straight and narrow path.
    There's a bit of a contradiction there old chap. Does that mean if you succeed in converting most people, it's all wrong because the majority believe?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Here is a pagan woman for you chico:

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Not surprising that the pagans find comfort here with each other. I will stand as the sole voice of reason and truth. The minute the majority of opinion agrees with me, would be the minute I know that I have left the straight and narrow path.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Well said!

Chico when you find a religion where for every joined man at least 10 beautiful women guaranteed to do everything he wishes for, then post on here, but until then just

**** ***!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    You are doomed!!! I mean that literally.
    So are you. You're just a simple fool wasting your time, pretending otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by ferret
    Pagan and athiests are totally different things. Our country was full of pagan people, worshipping nature and the like as I understand it until the lies spread by "good" christian people came into fashion.

Why is Christmas celebrated in December? Jesus was not born in December - this just fitted in with pagan festivals held at the time to help try and merge the new faith in with current fetival periods in this country.

The same with Easter if you look into it I think although I am sure some god botherer somewhere has found reasons as to why this fits in with their lies, christians have a knack of doing that - the hand is faster than the eye...

Anyway, take your imposter God and just bugger off, I am off to go drink cider, get naked in a field and have a laugh, far better than living in fear of the devil, satan or whatever you want to call him - satan did not exist until you tools created him anyway.

There is no hell Chico, apart from the fact that we are all doomed to live, love and then die, a hard concept for the weak minded to grasp I guess and this is why you look for an afterlife and a purspose to life. Don't be afraid, embrace life and embrace your impending doom. There is no magic apart from the magic of science and an ever expandig universe - a reality too harsh for your poor brain to handle maybe?

Go bother someone who wants to be converted, you can usually find depressed and misguided people looking for a cause in sheltered housing, drop in centres and anywhere else where the unfortunate hang out - get to them before the muslims though as they seem to be on a recruitment drive at the moment.
    Eloquently put

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    You are doomed!!! I mean that literally.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X