• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cornwall Property prices doubling in two weeks?"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Original buyer added a dog house and sold it for twice as much.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Prices in Cornwall are very hard to judge as properties tend to be unique, especially outside of a town. It's entirely possible the person selling it underestimated the value or wanted a quick sale, and the buyer spotted an amazing opportunity.
    That's what I thought, but surely an estate agent wouldn't under-value something so much (assuming £500K isn't a gross over-valuation).

MF's suggestion sounds the most plausible though, as land is about £10K an acre in the south west.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Prices in Cornwall are very hard to judge as properties tend to be unique, especially outside of a town. It's entirely possible the person selling it underestimated the value or wanted a quick sale, and the buyer spotted an amazing opportunity.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    £289k was cheap for all that anyway. You sure the house and the rest weren't sold separately and then added together.
    Ah yes, that's another possibility.

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied
    That's great news! My old man's place is on the market to pay for his care. Perhaps we can crank the price up a bit!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    £289k was cheap for all that anyway. You sure the house and the rest weren't sold separately and then added together.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    started a topic Cornwall Property prices doubling in two weeks?

Cornwall Property prices doubling in two weeks?

I was quite impressed by this place in deepest Cornwall

5 bedroom detached house for sale in Trenear, Helston, Cornwall TR13 - 30222937 - Zoopla

until I noticed it had last been sold on 26th Sep 2013 for £289,000 and was put up for sale barely two weeks later on 12th Oct 2013 for £499,950 !

Either that first date is a typo, for 2003 perhaps, or this is one of the cheekiest piss takes in property marketing history. I mean in two weeks they'd barely have had time to move in, let alone give the place a makeover.

Maybe I'll ring the estate agents first thing on monday, and offer £400K, pointing out the huge profit the vendor will still be making.

Working...
X