• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "More climate bollox"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I thought in North America it was very cold?
    It is.
    And now the catastrophists have a problem. They are forced to claim that the cooling is caused by the warming.

and the warming is caused by the warming.

I suppose 'the pause' , where there is no warming or cooling, must also be caused by the warming
    maybe pj has a few links

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    a bad year from the perspective of a "Warmist"...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    ..ah now lets see what's in the news. Here's an interesting article.

DEMING: Another year of global cooling - Washington Times

Oh deat the year seems to have got off to a bad start...

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    ..ah now lets see what's in the news. Here's an interesting article.

DEMING: Another year of global cooling - Washington Times

Oh deat the year seems to have got off to a bad start...

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    No, I asked for a rebuttal of Hansen's published forecast. That is somebody rebutting what he would have liked Hansen's forecast to be.

The CO 2 emissions since 2000 to about 2.5 percent per year has increased, so that we would expect according to the Hansen paper a temperature rise, which should be stronger than in model A.
    is utter BS. The actual concentration trajectory was slightly below scen B. Got anything other than a farcical blog post from someone's imagination?

http://www.skepticalscience.com/simp...hansen-88.html

I thought you guys were 'sceptical;'? I'll start you off

Comparing climate projections to observations up to 2011 - IOPscience
    Last edited by pjclarke; 21 January 2014, 20:34.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
    Here you go, the West Side Highway underwater, ahead of schedule..

And, as with the selective David Viner quote, the timescale looks to have been added by the journalist, Hansen was talking about doubled CO2 - about 560ppm which is unlikely much before 2050. But hey, it was an impromptu remark in an ancient press interview, why not look to Hansen's published work and rebut that ... it would be a first...
    voila

James Hansen’s climate forecast of 1988: a whopping 150% wrong | Watts Up With That?

(I love this debate, Mother Nature wipes the floor with the climate scientists )

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    only 14 years to go
    Here you go, the West Side Highway underwater, ahead of schedule..

And, as with the selective David Viner quote, the timescale looks to have been added by the journalist, Hansen was talking about doubled CO2 - about 560ppm which is unlikely much before 2050. But hey, it was an impromptu remark in an ancient press interview, why not look to Hansen's published work and rebut that ... it would be a first...
    Last edited by pjclarke; 21 January 2014, 19:30.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Hansen -

“The West Side Highway [which runs along the Hudson River] will be under water. And there will be tape across the windows across the street because of high winds. And the same birds won’t be there. The trees in the median strip will change.” Then he said, “There will be more police cars.” Why? “Well, you know what happens to crime when the heat goes up"

only 14 years to go

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Really can't be arsed with this ..., if anybody's interested, it truly is bollox

http://www.skepticalscience.com/Hans...de-Highway.htm
    Last edited by pjclarke; 21 January 2014, 19:11.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    dont forget folks

pj has predicted a 3 metre rise in sea levels by the year 2028. thats 14 years from now.

he agreed with Hansens claim that Manhatten would be under water by then

the sea had better hurry up, it's only gone up 70 mm since Hansen made his prediction

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    One thing is becoming abundantly clear.

It is only when Trenberth and the rest, and pj, start moving towards our position (however reluctantly) and start to adopt some of our thinking,

it is only then that they start to become a little bit right

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I cited some climate Bollux.

You do understand what climate bollux means ?

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied

I cited the datasets with the longest and shortest 'pauses'. You do understand what cherry-picking means?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I dont know if your last link is supposed to prove something , but here is what Trenberth said recently
    (I know , I know, they keep changing the story and its difficult for one to keep up)

“The 1997 to ’98 El Niño event was a trigger for the changes in the Pacific, and I think that’s very probably the beginning of the hiatus,” says Kevin Trenberth, a climate scientist at the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR)
    The hiatus - Trenberth

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied

the last time I mentioned a pause, you accused me of cherry picking.

now you are cherry picking as well then.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X