• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Question for the female forum members."

Collapse

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Not of me, you berk!!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    MF

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    So which one of you has the big boobs?
    MF

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Says the woman with one short arm.
    Originally posted by Bellona View Post
    Says the woman with limp wrists (sometimes) due to carpal tunnel syndrome
    So which one of you has the big boobs?

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Get yourself a condenser drier, £300 but as you only use it when the weather is naff outside most times its another heat source so nothing is wasted. You can plumb the waste water in on some models so no tray to empty!
    got a zanussi one of these, absolutely awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Bellona
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Says the woman with limp wrists (sometimes) due to carpal tunnel syndrome

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Bellona View Post
    I was referring to men and women with normal anatomies, but in any event I don't think she wore enough clothing to warrant the need for an iron

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    not true actually, from an anatomical point of view.
    It's a well known historical fact, that Boudicca, king of the Britons, had a large left boob, and a more pert right one. This was to facilitate her spear throwing and other anti-Roman activities.
    She also had lond slender but strong arms, and a always kept a tight grip on the chariot reins.
    Her husband, Arch-Druid 'Crumpled-Robes' Caravtacus, was a bit of a wimp compared to Boudicca
    Where did you get the information regarding Boudicca? Or is this just a joke?

Leave a comment:

• Bellona
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    not true actually, from an anatomical point of view.
    It's a well known historical fact, that Boudicca, king of the Britons, had a large left boob, and a more pert right one. This was to facilitate her spear throwing and other anti-Roman activities.
    She also had lond slender but strong arms, and a always kept a tight grip on the chariot reins.
    Her husband, Arch-Druid 'Crumpled-Robes' Caravtacus, was a bit of a wimp compared to Boudicca

I was referring to men and women with normal anatomies, but in any event I don't think she wore enough clothing to warrant the need for an iron

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
    So, OH is double happy as we will use less electric and he has another gadget to play around with. Once he's got the app on his tablet I reckon he'll be insisting on being in charge of doing the washing. Now, there's a thing...
    So that's what happened to Old Hack ...

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Get yourself a condenser drier, £300 but as you only use it when the weather is naff outside most times its another heat source so nothing is wasted. You can plumb the waste water in on some models so no tray to empty!
    I shall definitely look into that. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    OH and me have just invested in a new washing machine (piece of advice - try and get the drum out of your old machine before you dispose of it; they make great patio heaters).

So, off to Curries we went thinking we knew what we were going to get having taken the trouble to do a bit of online research. Of course, what we came back with was as radical a departure from our original choice as one can get!

So, instead of a washer drier we came back with a Samsung summat or other that is Internet enabled. It also does a 15 minute economy wash to the same standard as a regular 40 minute wash.

What swung it? Well, for once there was actually a very clued up salesman on hand. We quickly ditched the idea of a washer drier because they tend to have smaller drum sizes and, as he grudgingly admitted , they don't do as good a job as a separate washer and drier (I see you can pick up a tumble drier for £100 or so). So that left us with efficiency and this was the one that delivered best in this area. One thing I did learn though (and I've been using washing machines for nigh on 20 years) is that you should never put a large load on a quick wash cycle. It's far more energy efficient to put it on the full cycle. Economy washes are only for small loads apparently.

So, OH is double happy as we will use less electric and he has another gadget to play around with. Once he's got the app on his tablet I reckon he'll be insisting on being in charge of doing the washing. Now, there's a thing...

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    OH and me have just invested in a new washing machine (piece of advice - try and get the drum out of your old machine before you dispose of it; they make great patio heaters).

So, off to Curries we went thinking we knew what we were going to get having taken the trouble to do a bit of online research. Of course, what we came back with was as radical a departure from our original choice as one can get!

So, instead of a washer drier we came back with a Samsung summat or other that is Internet enabled. It also does a 15 minute economy wash to the same standard as a regular 40 minute wash.

What swung it? Well, for once there was actually a very clued up salesman on hand. We quickly ditched the idea of a washer drier because they tend to have smaller drum sizes and, as he grudgingly admitted , they don't do as good a job as a separate washer and drier (I see you can pick up a tumble drier for £100 or so). So that left us with efficiency and this was the one that delivered best in this area. One thing I did learn though (and I've been using washing machines for nigh on 20 years) is that you should never put a large load on a quick wash cycle. It's far more energy efficient to put it on the full cycle. Economy washes are only for small loads apparently.

Tandoor ovens

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X