• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Butlins - Skegness

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Butlins - Skegness"

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
    If you are in Yorkshire, why not consider Scarborough or Bridlington. There are various Haven Holiday Parks (so it bit like Butlins) in the area.
    FTFY as in the OP its clear that the children are moving up to Yorkshire....

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    If you are going to Yorkshire, why not consider Scarbrough or Bridlington. There are various Haven Holiday Parks (so it bit like Butlins) in the area.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Northern France is cheap

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Get your arse over to Pontins Camber Sands for a themed weekend, I quite fancy one: Themed Weekend Breaks | Short Holidays | Weekends Away | Pontins or go to Butlins Minehead for the Giants of Rock weekend with Hawkwind, Uriah Heep, Blue Öyster Cult, etc... Giants Of Rock 2014 with Sweet, Big Country, Uriah Heep, Hawkwind, and more (or there's another one with Dr. Feelgood, Damned, Bad Manners or the one with Madness)

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Haven't read it all yet, but this article may be interesting ..

Butlin's is no longer the last resort

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    You go to Butlins for the kids, do you? Why are we not surprised?
    giggle

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Butlins is good fun for the kids. Bognor is the best. And don't forget you get money off with Tesco vouchers!
    I'd want them to give me money to go there. Benefit Street on Sea!

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I'm not that keen (Minehead) but the kids love it so Mrs GJ insists on going once in a while, my only advice is get a gold apartment as the others are grotty at best.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
    The whole place was crawling with fat slappers from Liverpool on hen parties.
    "
    That's why I haven't been back in 22 years. She looked like Sharon Stone in the evening, honest guv.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
    I went to the Bognor Butlins for a day trip last Summer. The indoor water park is all run down. Apart from that there is ***** all except a big tent where massively overweight smoking mums hang out
    "
    Jeez. If I wanted that, I'd hang out here: CUK-on-sea

Leave a comment:

• SunnyInHades
    replied
    From the www.northstandchat.com web forum..

Butlins-Skegness

"
    The whole place was crawling with fat slappers from Liverpool on hen parties.
    Skegness itself is an utter hole. It chucked it down the whole time, and in Skeggy that means it blows straight
    in off the North Sea, which ensures it feels about minus ten outside.

And on the last day when we were packing up to go, one of the guys in the group found a pair
    of heavily skidmarked underpants beneath the mattress he'd been sleeping on for the previous two nights.
    They were not his
    "

Butlins-Bognor

"
    I went to the Bognor Butlins for a day trip last Summer. The indoor water park is all run down. Apart from that there is ***** all except a big tent where massively overweight smoking mums hang out
    "

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Skegness you say

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Butlins is good fun for the kids. Bognor is the best. And don't forget you get money off with Tesco vouchers!
    You go to Butlins for the kids, do you? Why are we not surprised?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Also, even on mumsnet they ask that question with a suitable sense of shame

Leave a comment:

Working...
X