• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What is the worse pain you've experienced"

Collapse

• MyUserName
    replied
    I have another one!

When I was trying to break into contracting I had an interview with a large investment bank. Got through the phone interview, team leader interview, technical interview and then the final interview with the department manager. He was slack jawed, awkward, seemed to say 'hmmmm' for almost 50% of the time he was talking and was as sharp as a razor with deep technical knowledge about C++, banking, telecoms and Viking history.

Everything was positive. Spoke to the team leader (he gave me his number so we could make sure the agent was playing straight) and he said that, subject to the HR paperwork, I was in. First contract at £650 a day for 6 months. I was very happy.

Then someone else contacted the department manager who had just come away from doing the same job for a different bank so I got dropped.

That was painful.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Grasser73 View Post
    Acute pancreatitis. Literally doubled-up in pain to the point I couldn't walk.
    I had this a couple of years ago, put me in hospital for the first time. It is the worst pain I've known by some margin.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    No stubbed toe option?

Leave a comment:

• Grasser73
    replied
    Acute pancreatitis. Literally doubled-up in pain to the point I couldn't walk.

Insertion of the nasogastric tube used to empty my stomach was no fun either.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Having my 2 broken arms manipulated in the X-Ray room after a motorbike accident, in 2005.

Margaret the X-Ray nurse really didn't seem to care and I was nearly on the ceiling.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    possibly an ear infection, followed by a wasp sting on finger tip

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    An unknown (and never diagnosed) bout of what the A&E staff called "Severe Abdominal Pain". It hurt so much that there were moments were I thought it had stopped, but apparently your brain does that to you. The Morphine did nothing, but eventually they put me to sleep with something and I woke up fine. 2 days of observations later and they sent me on my merry way
    Mate of mine had that. The NHS callcentre service told him to take a laxative. Turned out he had a perforated bowel and nearly died.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    An unknown (and never diagnosed) bout of what the A&E staff called "Severe Abdominal Pain". It hurt so much that there were moments were I thought it had stopped, but apparently your brain does that to you. The Morphine did nothing, but eventually they put me to sleep with something and I woke up fine. 2 days of observations later and they sent me on my merry way
    I've had curries like that.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Exploding eyeball syndrome when descending for landing in planes. Happens now and then - must have dodgy sinuses.

Most intense pain ever - and i've had a u-bend in my arm, managed to rip my tibial spine out (attached to my anterior cruciate ligament), broken nose (i think this is the cause) etc - not that they are bad compare to lots of things, but bad for sitting on an aeroplane. Luckily it's so localised in a pinpoint (like someone sticking a knitting needle through your eyeball) and only lasts 20 minutes tops that it's tolerable. normally have a headache for a day or 2 after.

Apart from that I was once forced to leopard crawl about half a mile through gorse bush with no trousers on. Wasn't an intense pain, but the hurt to my pride added some.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Mine was when I was on the Nostromo and an alien burst out of my stomach and ran across the room.

I didn't remember eating that.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Giving birth did smart a bit.

I've fainted with pain twice - once when I banged my funny bone on the kitchen door handle, and once when I trapped a nerve in my neck.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    It was not when I told MrsBP I was sleeping with her sister.

It was when I woke up in hospital about a week later.
    I didn't know churchy was your sister-in-law.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Bad paper cut was it?

I think you know I didn't mean that !

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I went with "paper cut" as there was no kidney stones option.

Now that did hurt
    Bad paper cut was it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X