• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Cardiff hotels Q

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cardiff hotels Q"

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Jesus
    I already know what happened
    Well, of course, you would do, wouldn't you. You can see where I'm coming from, now, can't you?

Leave a comment:

• Jesus
    replied
    I already know what happened

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Jesus
    Marrilianfan in a dress at the office party debacle of 98?
    2003 actually, but otherwise spot on. I'd rather not talk about it though, if you don't mind your holiness.

Leave a comment:

• Jesus
    replied
    Marrilianfan in a dress at the office party debacle of 98?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Crosby
    Flares in Cardiff is the most frightening place I've been in. I was propositioned twice on the way to the toilet by women old enough to be my grandmother. They weren't lookers either....
    At least they were women.

Mordy in "better not say any more" Mode

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac
    I might just try both.
    Flares in Cardiff is the most frightening place I've been in. I was propositioned twice on the way to the toilet by women old enough to be my grandmother. They weren't lookers either....

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Crosby
    Soda's good but small, I'd stick to Flares if I was you.
    I might just try both.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    Bute street and Penarth are the places to be

Milan.
    Penarth - Not much really but close to the Bay. Decent restaurants include El Peurtos/La Marina at the old customs house (Penarth Marina) or the Olive Tree near the town centre. There is a place named the Corner House but I think it's goinig thru a referb.

In the Bay

Indian - Spice Merchant is good
    Chinese (dim sum) - Bar Orient
    Decent Japanese place around there aswell.
    Woods is okay as well.

Do NOT go to the Brasserie above pizza express under any circumstances.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    Go and stay at my mate Terry's place.

Churchill - In "Name dropping bastard" mode!

Not bad for a guy who used to fix lawnmowers.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Bute street and Penarth are the places to be

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Go and stay at my mate Terry's place.

Churchill - In "Name dropping bastard" mode!

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac
    Very helpful Zeit. I had to change the date (client was fairly understanding when I explained that they'd have to charter a helicopter to fly me from the nearest available hotel ) so I'm in the Marriott tomorrow instead. Not that any of you care, I just didn't want you all thinking I'd opted for the cardboard box.
    No jacuzzi though, sorry Janey.
    Any recommendations for a night out? One of the chaps here has recommended Bar Soda (or is it Soda Bar?) but that's because his niece runs it. Worth a pop on a Wednesday night?
    Soda's good but small, I'd stick to Flares if I was you.

Leave a comment:

• BillHicksRIP
    replied
    My client's offered to pay my hotel bills for when I visit their site (5 nights at a time), and their management people tend to stay at a hotel in the town centre at £150 a night. I said I wanted to stay there too, which they agreed to, but the cost for 1 week, plus £15 a night WiFi access is simply taking the piss in my eyes. I'd happily find a £75 a night hotel and save them £500 a week, but I wonder if I'd actually go down in their estimation if I did that. Like, "Well, we need his skills so give him what he wants" type thing.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Just for you Mordy. How the mighty fall! ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    You should write tourist guides for a living, you should. All those helpful hints would be wasted otherwise...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X