• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Can someone explain the appeal of shows like Strictly Come Dancing and XFactor?"

Collapse

• RetSet
    replied
    My Bose QC 15 headphones get to work overtime while that type of tulip is on the telly.

WTF do they push the volume up for the applause?

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by kingcook View Post
    I like X-Factor and BGT at the start. It's great watching all of the fook-ups and rejects take the pi55 out of themselves!!
    Sort of like a Victorian Freak show, then really.

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    I like X-Factor and BGT at the start. It's great watching all of the fook-ups and rejects take the pi55 out of themselves!!

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    As I say to the missus; "I wouldn't let these people in through the front door, so they're not bloody sneaking in through the telly".

Except for Tulisa, she is welcome anytime with her bags of class As and her dirty ways.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    As I say to the missus; "I wouldn't let these people in through the front door, so they're not bloody sneaking in through the telly".

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied

is also a claasic!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    2 up 2 down

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg View Post
    Can't believe no-one has mentioned the Peter Kay piss-take, this was absolute genius and in a strange parody of the whole genre, the single released sold huge numbers !!
    Just perfect, judges, family illness, the groups, lionel blair,all the cliches, even Cat Deeley losing it was fantastic.
    2 up 2 down

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Can't believe no-one has mentioned the Peter Kay piss-take, this was absolute genius and in a strange parody of the whole genre, the single released sold huge numbers !!
    Just perfect, judges, family illness, the groups, lionel blair,all the cliches, even Cat Deeley losing it was fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I love strictly, hot women in skimpy dresses shaking their bits about, what's not to like? Especially the bit when they jog up the stairs just before the scores.

Not a fan of the other bile the OP mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    KUATB : http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1860674

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Christ! There's a Xmas special?!?!? FFS!

I'm over with the family at Xmas. I suppose there'll be an hours worth of non-rowing about religion and politics so I can read my kindle in peace while they stare at the big screen in silence.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    This is interesting - whilst my family and the inlaws will simply not watch x, voice, jungle etc etc etc for some reason Strictly is consdidered not just acceptable - but more than acceptable almost high brow.

I guess it is because if has ballroom dancing in which is 'posh' and 'highbrow' as oppsed to the rest which do not.

Although for me I am desperatly trying to make an excuse up so i can leave the in laws early on xmas day so i can avoid the fookin strictly xmas special...

I might just sneak off
    Likewise my Ma - sneers (quite properly IMHO) at all except bleedin strictly. I didn't realise there was a bastard xmas special. Am going to Ma's as my request we alternate Christmas Day with my daughter between Ex and me has been (surprise!) denied.

To the OP - no idea of the appeal of this tulipe. My festive viewing started last night with the film of Irvine Welsh's Ecstasy.

EDit - the Peter Kay thing was genius.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X