• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Merge in Turn - What do the panel think?"

Collapse

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    d)
    All (including the ensuing gunfight) captured on Russian dashcam and posted on Youtube.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    d)
    No prisoners

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    e) - post a thread on cuk with a poll and abide by the majority verdict.

Which will probably be "AndyW's mum always merges her lovers in turn".

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    d)

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    **** it, I'm going to buy a battered old Hilux now as I hate these ****ers who don't follow the common rules of the road. For this situation you follow the zipper effect but no, there's always those ******* who don't, or won't...

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
    c

Every time
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I only do that when the idiot on the outside watches us all obediently alternate before the final narrowing then rushes down the outside to get to the front.
    I totally agree, but that was not the case in this instance.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
    If there are no witnesses then it is your word against hers and as you were the one making the manoevre it is likely the insurers will rule against you (50:50 at best)
    You may be right, however the damage to the vehicles may be significant as the damage on mine was well to the rear, whereas hers was right at the front of her driver's wing. It could be argued that as I was to her front right she should have given way, even leaving aside the whole merging issue.
    Not all that concerned anyway as it is a Company vehicle and the minor scratches are no worse than have been routinely acquired over the last 3.5 years of off-road working etc. anyway.
    Time will tell I suppose....
    Hope she had a whopping excess though!!!

Leave a comment:

• RedSauce
    replied
    If there are no witnesses then it is your word against hers and as you were the one making the manoevre it is likely the insurers will rule against you (50:50 at best)

Leave a comment:

• aardvark
    replied
    Perhaps she was on tow...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I only do that when the idiot on the outside watches us all obediently alternate before the final narrowing then rushes down the outside to get to the front.

Leave a comment:

• RedSauce
    replied
    B for me. There are 2 of these this near my house and i am more than willing to go into the side of the impatient driver.

The other one that gets me is people undertaking. I am quite a cautious driver and leave the correct space between myself and the car in front on motorways, there is always some tw*t who likes to overtake, so once i see them start the manoeuvre I accelerate so they can't get in front, then slowly close the gap between me and the car behind so they are actually further back than before.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Interesting stuff. FWIW, I plumped for option b which ultimately morphed into option c.
    Minimal damage to the rear passenger-side wheel arch of my Hilux, but considerably more to the front driver side wing of her Fiesta.
    I believe she may be a little more receptive to the notion of merging in turn next time she negotiates that particular junction.

And what does your insurance company say about 'fault'?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by aardvark View Post
    It's safer to have the prick in front of you, or it will be you (s)he's tailgating next
    I see what you are saying, but my chunky towbar makes a good job of addressing most tailgating issues at those sorts of speeds.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Interesting stuff. FWIW, I plumped for option b which ultimately morphed into option c.
    Minimal damage to the rear passenger-side wheel arch of my Hilux, but considerably more to the front driver side wing of her Fiesta.
    I believe she may be a little more receptive to the notion of merging in turn next time she negotiates that particular junction.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X