• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Unboomed! Room on the bench?"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Until the next time. I'm going to think about it over Xmas. The exposure I get on this position is at C and at the board level. Its the Money vs success/failure vs stress model.

Could be a Brittas promotion?
    Dude, you're a shoe-in.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    And they all lived happily ever after.
    Until the next time. I'm going to think about it over Xmas. The exposure I get on this position is at C and at the board level. Its the Money vs success/failure vs stress model.

Could be a Brittas promotion?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Left turn taken. Opportunity of a new role & promotion but working in IT. I mentioned location as an issue. You can build a UK team MF was the reply.
    And they all lived happily ever after.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Well on the basis I only got the job on the priviso that I would move to the US at the end of the year & I have reneged on that & I have a number of very yappy & nippy politicos sat outside my bosses office who want to take over the next phase of the project I've been running then the writing is firmly on the wall. Time for a strategic left turn methinks.
    Left turn taken. Opportunity of a new role & promotion but working in IT. I mentioned location as an issue. You can build a UK team MF was the reply.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    If you are up for another pasting...
    Ah bring it on, old man

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Are you going to accept the ruddy challenge?!?!?!!

If you are up for another pasting...

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    You know where, Joshua.
    Are you going to accept the ruddy challenge?!?!?!!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Interview yesterday, likely start in New Year, but another bastard commute

Today was meant to be my first on-the-bench-day-without-kids, which it is, but I've caught their illnesses. This is not working out as planned.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    How about a nice game of chess?
    You know where, Joshua.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I believe MF know it was going to occur as soon as he decided not to go to the US. I'm positive there are comments regarding exactly that from earlier this year.
    Well on the basis I only got the job on the priviso that I would move to the US at the end of the year & I have reneged on that & I have a number of very yappy & nippy politicos sat outside my bosses office who want to take over the next phase of the project I've been running then the writing is firmly on the wall. Time for a strategic left turn methinks.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I believe MF know it was going to occur as soon as he decided not to go to the US. I'm positive there are comments regarding exactly that from earlier this year.
    I thought there was just petition from the people in the US to stop him going which had more signatures than the one from the UK trying to send him?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    So you're putting yourself through hell for a dangling carrot that disappears over the horizon every time you get close enough to grab it?

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Budge up you lot. Last day of contract today and then it's bench time for me. 2 years and 5 months of commuting to London (1 3/4 hours each way but not all full time thankfully) has taken its toll, so looking forward to a few weeks off and see what the New Year brings.
    How about a nice game of chess?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    No I get the first carrot just need to work out how to get the rest.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    So you're putting yourself through hell for a dangling carrot that disappears over the horizon every time you get close enough to grab it?
    No I get the first carrot just need to work out how to get the rest.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X