• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Can't decide what to cook on Christmas day?"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    + 1 it is just food...

and is it not worse to rear a little chick chick to enjoy the good things in life just so you can kill it and eat it in it's prime???
    I think it's worse to rear animals intensively subjecting them to horrible conditions, filling them with chemicals and drugs and cramped conditions. they may end up being slaughtered but that is no reason to treat them badly.

Similar for battery farming.

Leave a comment:

• Bellona
    replied
    -leftovers for sandwiches might be a bit soggy though !

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Job Done!

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
    To be honest, I don't really care what kind of life the birds had. They are tasty.
    + 1 it is just food...

and is it not worse to rear a little chick chick to enjoy the good things in life just so you can kill it and eat it in it's prime???

Leave a comment:

• DirtyDog
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Tenner??? I'm sure those birds had really good life on an intensive battery farm
    To be honest, I don't really care what kind of life the birds had. They are tasty.

Leave a comment:

• DirtyDog
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Looks good, but it must be damned tricky to stuff each of those birds inside the next.

It would be easier to start with a hummingbird, and work up to an emu.

Also, don't you need a walk-in oven to roast the thing? (which would take about 2 days by the look of it)
    It weighs 25 kg and feeds 125 people.

I get fed up of turkey leftovers by day 3, so what I'd be like after 30 days of the thing...

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
    Aldi and Lidl do a four bird roast for a tenner.

(And IIRC they won some awards for them last year or the year before, so they aren't that bad)
    Tenner??? I'm sure those birds had really good life on an intensive battery farm

Leave a comment:

• DirtyDog
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    is it worth doing a 3 or 5 bird roast (12 seems a bit excessive)

I am getting bored of just turkey...
    Aldi and Lidl do a four bird roast for a tenner.

(And IIRC they won some awards for them last year or the year before, so they aren't that bad)

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
    Treat yourself to a twelve bird roast ! It might cost a bit more than just a standard turkey, but you do get free delivery hamper roasting tin and meat thermometer.

I wonder if I can buy it though the company?
    Looks good, but it must be damned tricky to stuff each of those birds inside the next.

It would be easier to start with a hummingbird, and work up to an emu.

Also, don't you need a walk-in oven to roast the thing? (which would take about 2 days by the look of it)

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    They do deliver as well, sadly not to mainland Europe

Used to get my xmas roast off them for many years.
    Yeah, but don't seem to be able to choose when you want it delivered.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Looks good - might give that a go.
    They do deliver as well, sadly not to mainland Europe

Used to get my xmas roast off them for many years.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    These guys do an excellent 3 bird roast, they also do excellent everything else and are one of the few places that have a turkey that is actually nice.
    Looks good - might give that a go.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
    I wonder if I can buy it though the company?
    Probably you can treat it as a business gift to someone else.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    How about these for a twelve bird Christmas roasting?

Yum... I'd baste their giblets with pleasure.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    These guys do an excellent 3 bird roast, they also do excellent everything else and are one of the few places that have a turkey that is actually nice.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X