• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The official "last post of 2013" thread"

Collapse

• administrator
    replied
    Well done Suity! Happy New Year all. Am off to cook Roast v2.0.

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Suity wins!
    Suity, please change your over long signature to be just this.

We'll have to accept that you are going to be insufferable all year!

Happy New Year all!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    !

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    The polls were fixed I tell you.
    oi, scoot.... is this any consolation? Seems you're a posterboy for the middle classes... of sorts!

Happy noo year y'all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Can I ask what you pay for your EC2?
    Normal on-demand charges in this case, as I'm just running this server for a few hours. For anything long-running it's worth investing in a reserved instance, and if you need to scale out then spot instances with a fallback to on-demand if no spots are available is the way to go.

I've also got an AWS account for my Ltd which has the year-one free allowance, but the underlying project this caper is for probably isn't billable through the business. If it turns out it is, it'll have to go through expenses.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    First post of 2014? You want the thread down the hall, second on the left

I think this thread was named in error.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Cough...
    First post of 2014? You want the thread down the hall, second on the left

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    I wanted to see what it takes for a Twitter Streaming API client to keep up with the busiest time a hashtag can have, and this seemed like a good candidate. As I'm saving the data with microsecond timestamps I can replay it later for testing stuff. It's mainly for a thing I've got an idea about
    Can I ask what you pay for your EC2?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Where's AtW? Don't tell me he had a real party to go to!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Why?
    I wanted to see what it takes for a Twitter Streaming API client to keep up with the busiest time a hashtag can have, and this seemed like a good candidate. As I'm saving the data with microsecond timestamps I can replay it later for testing stuff. It's mainly for a thing I've got an idea about

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    You was robbed!
    The polls were fixed I tell you.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Cough..
    You was robbed!