• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Much Visas plenty cheapness"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I can't do that; my fingers are all so fooked I have to get Lady Tester to remove lids from jars. She's a strong woman until she sees a spider.
    Here you go, for the gadget mad!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Culinare-Tou...jar+lid+opener

yes they make an automated lid remover.

But these style are quite good Mrs V had a pseudo Aunty who had very bad arthritis.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PIECE-ADJUST...jar+lid+opener

or she used a tea towel which gave her the extra grip needed.

Family V are just the same, masculinity is required for :

Pet Poo.
    Blocked Drains
    Blocked loo
    spiders including daddy longlegs.
    Jars

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    We are Wimmin

We are strong*

* until we need someone to get the lid of the pickle jar

I can't do that; my fingers are all so fooked I have to get Lady Tester to remove lids from jars. She's a strong woman until she sees a spider.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    We are Wimmin

We are strong*

* until we need someone to get the lid of the pickle jar

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Oh, do sod off. It's exactly that - labelling women as 'feminists' or 'victims' or other hysterical labels that prevents sensible discussion.
    I think they label themselves as that.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Oh, do sod off. It's exactly that - labelling women as 'feminists' or 'victims' or other hysterical labels that prevents sensible discussion.
    Cup of tea? I'll make it

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    We won't mention feminazis then :nazi:

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Don't forget women are victims

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    good point, well made.

Its strange how positive discrimination is completely absent in areas like Nursing, primary school teachers, childcare, home care.

The point about teachers is many of the male teachers had a long career in a traditionally male career (secondary school teachers were predominantly male in the 20s-70s.) They are now retiring and females are taking over, if they are the best man for the job then fine. But if it should be a Mann then its a negative step.

As dodgy pointed out to get to the top tends to need total dedication. If you want to be a mum then that isn't possible for 5 years or more while the kids are young.

Don't suggest to one of my girls that you have to be a boy to be a firefighter (yes they de gendered it despite a complete lack of need.) she is determined to join and I'm pretty sure she will succeed.
    Don't forget women are victims

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    It is good enough for me. As long as Nige doesn't succumb to this

Ukip Rejects Joining Far-Right Leader Geert Wilders for European Parliament Elections - IBTimes UK
    He's certainly better off staying away from them. Not that I'd support Mr Farage, but he's at least demonstrated a modicum of decency there. Wilders and Le Pen are nasty pieces of work.

But as for that article;

According to polls, the PVV looks set to gain its highest number of votes in the forthcoming Dutch elections.
    The 'forthcoming Dutch elections' are scheduled for 2016 unless the cabinet collapses before then and both ruling parties are committed to sticking it out to avoid losing to Wilders and want to have the economy recovering before elections. There are council elections next year and PVV might get a lot of votes there, but actually they don't put up candidates in many places because they don't want to have any responsibility when things go wrong.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    Hang on shouldn't you be arguing that there should be more male teachers then, or does your view suddenly change when women are in the majority ?

good point, well made.

Its strange how positive discrimination is completely absent in areas like Nursing, primary school teachers, childcare, home care.

The point about teachers is many of the male teachers had a long career in a traditionally male career (secondary school teachers were predominantly male in the 20s-70s.) They are now retiring and females are taking over, if they are the best man for the job then fine. But if it should be a Mann then its a negative step.

As dodgy pointed out to get to the top tends to need total dedication. If you want to be a mum then that isn't possible for 5 years or more while the kids are young.

Don't suggest to one of my girls that you have to be a boy to be a firefighter (yes they de gendered it despite a complete lack of need.) she is determined to join and I'm pretty sure she will succeed.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    Hang on shouldn't you be arguing that there should be more male teachers then, or does your view suddenly change when women are in the majority ?
    Yes, there should - and I'm quite happy to argue that on your behalf if you feel unable to do so yourself.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Teaching's a good example where things have changed. The majority of teachers are female, but the majority of head teachers are male. This was recognised as an issue that had nothing to do with the capability of the candidates, so there was a conscious effort to make promotion paths more female friendly and the situation is a lot better.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I'm sure you will. You fit the demographic to a tee: not very well-educated, hence threatened by globalisation, white male.
    It is good enough for me. As long as Nige doesn't succumb to this

Ukip Rejects Joining Far-Right Leader Geert Wilders for European Parliament Elections - IBTimes UK

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by CoolCat View Post

i will be voting UKIP.
    I'm sure you will. You fit the demographic to a tee: not very well-educated, hence threatened by globalisation, white male.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I think it's a lot to do with people's sense of identity and where they obtain their sense of self worth. For a lot of men, their work is the main contributor to their sense of their own value, it's literally the meaning of life to them, to the extent that being fired or retiring can leave them psychologically devastated. Women are unbalanced for different reasons.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

Working...
X