• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Lou Reed RIP

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lou Reed RIP"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I rather liked Lou Reed. One of a kind. Everybody here has got Transformer haven't they?
    Odd fact: the drummer on Transformer is John Halsey, who later achieved lasting fame playing the part of Barry Wom, drummer in The Rutles, Eric Idle and Neil Innes's parody of The Beatles.

He's also the landlord of the Castle Inn in Cambridge, and an all-round good fellow.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Does she like the man on the back cover, or the man on the back cover?
    That's odd, the image doesn't display in the post my browser.

Anyway yes, they both look nice lads.

Edit: It does now.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

Even my daughter likes Transformer, and she's yoof.
    Does she like the man on the back cover, or the man on the back cover?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Even my daughter likes Transformer, and she's yoof.

Leave a comment:

• redgiant
    replied

RIP Lou

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I rather liked Lou Reed. One of a kind. Everybody here has got Transformer haven't they?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    I guess he took a walk on the wild side...

as for heads of hair I did read I am sure somewhere (and no cannot even find anything to back it up) that marijuana helps in this area...

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Sad news. RIP.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I can't believe he was still alive.
    He's not.

Unfortunately, age is wearying and the years are condemning!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Neil Gaiman interviews Lou Reed: Neil Gaiman - Waiting for the Man - Lou Reed

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Darn it. Everyone is popping off.

One thing I notice about these ancient pop stars though, how come they all have such fantastic heads of hair at 70+?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Sad loss I saw him at Hammersmith Odeon in 1979 - awesome gig.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Actually, if you think about it, he was a shiit guitarist and couldn't sing, like H off Steps. Makes you think...

Leave a comment:

• Freaki Li Cuatre
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Darn it. Everyone is popping off.

One thing I notice about these ancient pop stars though, how come they all have such fantastic heads of hair at 70+?
    Convinced Jagger has a syrup

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X