• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Replacing your landline phone and broadband with mobile broadband"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg View Post
    Been mobile only for a while but in a moment of madness EE reeled me in to a 24 month 4g deal. Trouble is 8GB turns out to be woefully inadequate so ended up topping it up expensively.
    So - going unlimited with TalkTalk wired connection and will downgrade my mobile wifi.
    I think this will be an option eventually but not at the mo for me.

No don't do it. Talk Talk are awful go with someone better in case you have to talk to them on the phone.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Been mobile only for a while but in a moment of madness EE reeled me in to a 24 month 4g deal. Trouble is 8GB turns out to be woefully inadequate so ended up topping it up expensively.
    So - going unlimited with TalkTalk wired connection and will downgrade my mobile wifi.
    I think this will be an option eventually but not at the mo for me.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Unless you play online games or use a lot of bandwidth, a mobile contract is good enough...all you can eat phone, text and internet for £15 a month seems reasonable

I've even been a cheapskate and suffered playing Battlefield tethering my laptop to my smartphones connection rather than pay for the hotels wifi
    Last edited by amcdonald; 21 October 2013, 08:51.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Classic. You're so poor you have to go to a free event.
    Yes dear

Last edited by SimonMac; 20 October 2013, 20:01.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I don't play that game, I will be here at the time
    Classic. You're so poor you have to go to a free event.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Last post of 2013? You'll need it for that.
    I don't play that game, I will be here at the time

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Terms & Conditions - Privacy & cookies

Its one of the better offers out there (there is traffic shaping at peak times but most do that anyway)
    You are aware that the "improved" their anti-tethering policy a while back....

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I know about latency, but to be honest I am not doing anything that require super fast response times
    Last post of 2013? You'll need it for that.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    You're still a twat though!

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Have you considered increased latency?

Pity snaw is not here to explain how important it is...
    I know about latency, but to be honest I am not doing anything that require super fast response times

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Hang on you're permie now, and a crap one at that by your whining!
    Considerably Richer Than You - Harry Enfield and Chums - BBC - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Its one of the better offers out there (there is traffic shaping at peak times but most do that anyway)
    Have you considered increased latency?

Pity snaw is not here to explain how important it is...

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Terms & Conditions - Privacy & cookies

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    The three deal is all you can eat data

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Which is why I said buy the plusnet deal. I'm sure your house's eventually tenants will continue the contract for you.....

The real question is how much will you be watching on Netflex? 15gb doesn't allow you to download many films....
    The three deal is all you can eat data

Leave a comment:

Working...
X