• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Odd SMS message re car I have advertised on gumtree"

Collapse

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Do you want me to ask if he's single?
    He might want OP's car. Can't imagine him wanting my cleaner

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    It's a new Beetle not an old one. A VW Golf shaped like a clown's car. It was great for commuting but we can't really justify two cars anymore. I will miss the flower vase and won't have anywhere to play my Steeleye Span tapes anymore.
    Oh, god. They are genuinely the most awful car on the road [IMO]. Bloody travesty. No, then.

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    My dad bought one new, before I was born. He saw it in the car park at work about 10 years after he sold it and tried to buy it back, but the guy said no.
    Yes, my Dad sold my favourite one when I was about, I think, 12. I cried for days. Then about 6 months ago I saw it driving past me near where we used to live, so we're trying to find out who owns it.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    My dad bought one new, before I was born. He saw it in the car park at work about 10 years after he sold it and tried to buy it back, but the guy said no.

I still have a 60s era workshop manual for them somewhere.

I fancy an old car as a project now. I've always wanted a Lancia Beta for some reason.
    I had a Lancia Beta 2.0 Coupe when I were a young un.

It were a red one.

Followed by a HF Turbo Delta. A red one.

Then an MR2 Turbo I imported from Japan. A red one.

Leave a comment:

• RedSauce
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    VWOCGB | Cars For Sale

or similar?

Beetle's are still hot for Girls?
    Not anymore.

About 10 years ago it was yellow Saxos that had the nicest women, then mini convetibles, then beetles and now it is the Fiat 500s (usually the ones with the red soft-top) that i leer at.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Of course, if you really really wanted to make it slower, you turned it into a beach buggy.

yes but if you did that you got laid, a lot!

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    My Dad used to do up Beetle's and show them. I love 'em, but perhaps not for commuting

I still have a 60s era workshop manual for them somewhere.

I fancy an old car as a project now. I've always wanted a Lancia Beta for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    Sounds like a scammer to me.
    Do you want me to ask if he's single?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    WSS++

We are talking here about this

Volkswagen New Beetle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Basically a front engined front wheel drive beetle. Nothing to do with the original whatsoever.

PS.

The original beetle is even worse. That terrible engine, interior, performance, noise and soooooooooooooo sloooooooooooooooow
    you driven an original Mini?

at least the VW's front wings or wheels didn't fall off.

They are clearly identifiable classics even the rev2. OK not as nice as a Mondeo but what is?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    F***ing pieces of tulip
    WSS++

We are talking here about this

Volkswagen New Beetle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Basically a front engined front wheel drive beetle. Nothing to do with the original whatsoever.

PS.

The original beetle is even worse. That terrible engine, interior, performance, noise and soooooooooooooo sloooooooooooooooow

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    My Dad used to do up Beetle's and show them. I love 'em, but perhaps not for commuting
    It's a new Beetle not an old one. A VW Golf shaped like a clown's car. It was great for commuting but we can't really justify two cars anymore. I will miss the flower vase and won't have anywhere to play my Steeleye Span tapes anymore.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Have a car advertised on gumtree. Just got an SMS, which shows the recipient's name - let's say Fred, but it has no associated phone no. Message asks me to email them. It seems a bit odd. How do you send an SMS showing a name but no phone no.?
    Sounds like a scammer to me.

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Thanks. I've had the text off webuyanycar but I'm hoping for the value of the car rather than up to the value.
    Parker's value a 2003 @ £2500 - £3000. They hold their price well don't they?

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Don't you find the hideous noise they make rattles your eyeballs so you start seeing things double?
    Deffo. We drove home from Cornwall once without a clutch, too. But I loved the way they smelt and sounded, and I loved 'helping' my Dad fix them up!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Don't you find the hideous noise they make rattles your eyeballs so you start seeing things double?

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X