• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Hello from the M40

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hello from the M40"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Or perhaps in police cell for using mobile phone whilst driving?
    I wish.

They don't put you in a cell unless you cause an accident.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Grrr. Stupid Tapatalk app.
    Are you still on M40?

Or perhaps in police cell for using mobile phone whilst driving?

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    A few years ago I was driving to a live action horror game in the Friday evening rush hour. A lorry over turned and blocked all of the lanes (or maybe it was just two, I cannot remember). I ended up 7 hours late but everyone decided to wait (2 others were delayed too) so we ended up having our formal evening meal together served at 1 in the morning ... fond memories.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    +1

A delay of an hour is hardly worth creating a thread about given someone probably died last night. Stop fkcing whinging.
    At least find out who, and send the family an invoice for the non-billable time.

Seems fair.

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    +1

A delay of an hour is hardly worth creating a thread about given someone probably died last night. Stop fkcing whinging.
    Honestly, the poor bloke was just posting on here to alleviate the boredom... I don't think he was moaning.

Pipe down, girl.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    If someone dies in an accident, they have a duty to treat it as a crime scene.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    If someone dies in an accident, they have a duty to treat it as a crime scene.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Grrr. Stupid Tapatalk app.
    Last edited by VectraMan; 10 October 2013, 08:26.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Got going about 23:10. Could have been worse.

No sign of anything. So that probably means the traffic wombles spent the last hour measuring tyre marks and sweeping up whilst keeping the whole motorway closed rather than letting through the trapped traffic ASAP.

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    At least he wasn't...
    Sounds like an option if he does not have any great music to dance to

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Teeth-cleaning lorry driver caught on film by police

BBC News - Teeth-cleaning lorry driver caught on film by police

At least he wasn't...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    If you're between J10-J11, the Highways Agency is now saying 11:45pm
    Just hope he has some great music to dance to just don't sing too loud.

That's what I do in traffic jams - everyone things you are weird but who cares.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I've discovered that the not-cigarette socket in my car (and therefore my phone charger) works without the ignition. I didn't know that.

Google maps is saying the road is expected to reopen at 11pm.
    If you're between J10-J11, the Highways Agency is now saying 11:45pm

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I've discovered that the not-cigarette socket in my car (and therefore my phone charger) works without the ignition. I didn't know that.

Google maps is saying the road is expected to reopen at 11pm.

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    40 min is light delays, it could easily be 5 or 7 hours. Last time it happened to me, people were turning back and using the hard shoulder to get back to the previous junction. People who were foolish enough to try to enter the motorway must have been quite surprised seeing cars moving towards them in the same lane on the slip road.
    Last edited by Lumiere; 9 October 2013, 21:51.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X