• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How to entice a contractor into a permie position"

Collapse

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    I feel left out on these threads, as I have never worked outside of the Sq Mile, in the UK.
    Your missing out. It's great OOP Norf.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
    Red Hat, Visa or Fush1tsu?

God, what horrible memories of that part of the world....
    None of those - Its IBM

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    I'm in Farnborough with Stek, too...
    Red Hat, Visa or Fush1tsu?

God, what horrible memories of that part of the world....

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    I feel left out on these threads, as I have never worked outside of the Sq Mile, in the UK.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I thought you had worked in Crewe (shudder) / Stoke (shudder, shudder)
    Crewe is ok so long as you are on the Sandbach/Nantwich side away from the centre.....

Stoke is a good call though.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    How to entice a contractor into a permie position
    I assume by "permie position" you mean bent over? It's easy. Just drop a £20 on the floor in front of them.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Surely B'ham is the mother of all s**tholes?
    I thought you had worked in Crewe (shudder) / Stoke (shudder, shudder)
    Last edited by eek; 9 October 2013, 09:16.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Surely B'ham is the mother of all s**tholes?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
    Try having a walk around Telford's 'Town Center'. The birth rate for under 18's is around +30% the national average. Literacy is about the lowest.

A young woman I worked with told me a first pregnancy for a woman over 23 meant she was considered a 'mature' new mother.

Telford? Luxury!

Try Skelmersdale, every pathway a muggers paradise...

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    I have never seen so many young, single GIRLS pushing prams, nor so many unappealing people in general.
    Try having a walk around Telford's 'Town Center'. The birth rate for under 18's is around +30% the national average. Literacy is about the lowest.

A young woman I worked with told me a first pregnancy for a woman over 23 meant she was considered a 'mature' new mother.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    and the share offers and weekly flights to the state and the health care when you break down
    Hotels and flights won't kill you but the free breakfasts and evening booze might.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Offer 200k a year and sometimes it's hard to turn done
    and the share offers and weekly flights to the state and the health care when you break down

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    I'm in Farnborough with Stek, too...

Was wondering through the town yesterday and some of the sights you see are truly astonishing. I have never seen so many young, single GIRLS pushing prams, nor so many unappealing people in general.

This was coming from working in Weybridge, where walking around there, you would always be pleasantly surprised.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    It's Basingrad not Boringstoke.

But only cos they spelt it wrong.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    I have no idea why people hate the place. I like it here. The only thing that it lacks is a range of nightclubs but as I have kids now it does not really affect me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X