• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Interviewing mid-contract"

Collapse

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Reputation goes before you. The only advantage you have is that we can't attach a name to your username (yet)...
    I know it's all thanks to NLUK (and now SimonMac). Cheers guys!
    Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 7 October 2013, 14:46.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by mickey View Post
    Do you interview mid-contract to stay current with what's out there in terms of rates and roles?

So there's a role spec that feels right, but your renewal is still a few months away. Is talking to the hiring manager early improves or reduces your chances that in a few months time your name will spring to his mind?

Cheers.
    It's something I used to do when I had concerns about finding my next contract. Don't do it anymore as it will piss of agents and clientco (as others pointed out in this thread).

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Reputation goes before you. The only advantage you have is that we can't attach a name to your username (yet)...

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    No unless you are NorthWestPerm2Contractor

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    no

gaps between contracts are holidays.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Unless, you want to take the mickey...
    I assume there is a lot of piss taking around this

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    I'm not gonna waste my time, and my money interviewing for a job I'm not gonna take, and as for getting in good with the hiring manager a few months down the line a) they probably won't remember you and b) they want someone now not later

Unless, you want to take the mickey...

Leave a comment:

• DirtyDog
    replied
    Do you interview mid-contract to stay current with what's out there in terms of rates and roles?
    No. Ridiculous waste of my time and theirs.

So there's a role spec that feels right, but your renewal is still a few months away. Is talking to the hiring manager early improves or reduces your chances that in a few months time your name will spring to his mind?
    The only way that the agent might remember you is as that annoying twat who wasted their time and mine, trying to get a role that I needed to start straight away and couldn't start for a few months.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I'm not gonna waste my time, and my money interviewing for a job I'm not gonna take, and as for getting in good with the hiring manager a few months down the line a) they probably won't remember you and b) they want someone now not later

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Care to elaborate? ))
    No

Leave a comment:

• mickey
    replied
    Care to elaborate? ))

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mickey
    started a topic Interviewing mid-contract

Interviewing mid-contract

Cheers.

Working...
X