• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Dumbass Cyclists!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dumbass Cyclists!"

Collapse

• Wanderer
    replied
    Originally posted by Dallas View Post
    I hope they find her, publish her picture, take her bike off her, at an apology to the train driver and charge her.
    Of course they won't. Nor will they crack down on all the pricks who sail through red lights. The cycling lobby is far to powerful.

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    I hope they find her, publish her picture, take her bike off her, at an apology to the train driver and charge her. We need more of this published!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I wonder why she seems to have turned round and gone back the other way.
    hopefully to change her underpants because she shat herself?

bloody idiot.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I'd say natural selection failed in this case.
    Sadly yes. That being said for the train driver and witnesses it would be an ugly sight.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I'm just pleased the BBC have fixed their spelling of "brake". When I read that this morning they'd used "break" throughout.

Bloody BBC.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    Natural selection at work
    I'd say natural selection failed in this case.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    BBC News - Level crossing cyclist in 'nearest miss' with train

And I only thought it was road signals they ignored
    I wonder why she seems to have turned round and gone back the other way.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Natural selection at work

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    So nearly a Darwin award. Better luck next year.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    started a topic Dumbass Cyclists!

Dumbass Cyclists!

BBC News - Level crossing cyclist in 'nearest miss' with train

A cyclist came within seconds of being struck by a train when she tried to dodge a closed level crossing barrier in Cambridgeshire.

The train driver was forced to apply the emergency brake when he saw the woman at Waterbeach on 12 September.

Richard Schofield, from Network Rail, said it was "one of the closest near misses we've seen".

British Transport Police are trying to trace the woman, who also ignored the flashing lights and warning signals.
    And I only thought it was road signals they ignored

Working...
X