• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "MFs house is now for sale"

Collapse

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    hmm, glad you are so certain. These guys seem to disagree:

Does GSHP cause subsidence?

https://www.hardtoinsure.co.uk/insur...risk/801602900

Synergy Boreholes / Geothermal Boreholes / Requirement Calculations

I must admit I hadn't searched for this before.

now as I said 'suspicious' I suspect if installed correctly and with a decent margin of error then it will be fine in 99.99% of cases. though I do expect various builders to stuff it up royally.

Hmm, I shall have a read: thanks

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Ground source heat pumps / thermal solutions do not leave voids so subsidence risk is minimal. Most of these systems are installed with a driven pile which will not affect ground stability
    hmm, glad you are so certain. These guys seem to disagree:

Does GSHP cause subsidence?

https://www.hardtoinsure.co.uk/insur...risk/801602900

Synergy Boreholes / Geothermal Boreholes / Requirement Calculations

How far from buildings?
    A minimum of 3m to avoid the remote possibility of freezing ground temperature induced subsidence.
    I must admit I hadn't searched for this before.

now as I said 'suspicious' I suspect if installed correctly and with a decent margin of error then it will be fine in 99.99% of cases. though I do expect various builders to stuff it up royally.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Its from the wail, stone the unbeliever!

Saw that, they have been talking about using the earth as a heat battery for a while, I'm just a bit suspicious, will the heating / cooling cycle cause subsidence issues?
    Ground source heat pumps / thermal solutions do not leave voids so subsidence risk is minimal. Most of these systems are installed with a driven pile which will not affect ground stability

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Looks like an office block.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Its from the wail, stone the unbeliever!

Saw that, they have been talking about using the earth as a heat battery for a while, I'm just a bit suspicious, will the heating / cooling cycle cause subsidence issues?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    started a topic MFs house is now for sale

MFs house is now for sale

Allegedly ...

"The UK's first fully solar-powered home, which removes the need to ever receive a gas or electricity bill again, has gone on sale - but it will set you back £1.2 million.

The timber-framed home in Great Glen, Leicestershire, contains a number of 'zero-carbon features', including solar electric energy, triple glazing and rainwater storage.

It is entirely heated by underground water-filled tubes that are warmed by solar energy from rooftop panels."

Source: For sale: The UK's first SOLAR-powered home that means you'll never get utility bills again (but you'll need £1.2m to buy it) | Mail Online

Working...
X